Baahubali returns

He woke up with his head throbbing with pain, with no idea of how long he had been knocked out. Stumbling in the pitch darkness of the cave, he suddenly fell into what seemed like an endless pit. In a desperate attempt to save himself, he caught on to a crevice and managed to pull himself into a small cave near a ledge.

Quickly he walked towards the bright light at the end and came out in the mountainside surrounded by the lush greenery. Amarendra breathed in a sigh of relief, as he saw Mahishmathi palace in the distance. With a big bruise on his head, he cursed the cattle thieves whom he was searching for in the cave. They must have escaped another way. He would have to take care of them later.

There seemed to be a huge crowd gathering outside the palace. Worried, Amarendra fastened his pace to reach the Mahishmathi palace . The guards did not seem to recognize him probably due to the blood and dust on his face. Amarendra was astonished at how the whole kingdom seemed different now. Apprehensive about just how long was he unconscious, he asked one of the members in the crowd, "What happened, why is everyone here?" The man with tears in eyes replied, "Our beloved Baahubali is dead!" Shocked Amarendra tried to explain that he was not dead, this was a misunderstanding. Before he could speak, Bijjaladeva walked out to the crowd, and spoke loudly "We have confirmed with our spies that Baahubali was indeed killed while returning from his rescue mission." A huge cry of grief echoed through the crowds as they lamented for Baahubali.

Amarendra was trying to get Bijjaladeva's attention, when he suddenly noticed Katappa at a distance. He started running towards Katappa when he crashed into a soldier near a fountain. The soldier lost his cool and started to push Amarendra around. "What do you think you are doing? Can't you see?" Even as Amarendra stopped him and demanded to meet Katappa, the soldier knocked him with his staff causing him to trip and fall into the fountain.

Emerging from the fountain, Amarendra wiped the blood and dust from his face as the soldier starred at him in disbelief. "Baahubali!!" the soldier's scream reverberated across the courtyard. Joyous screams of "Baahubali is back" rang everywhere while Bijjaladeva looked on with incredulity in his eyes.The soldiers escorted Amarendra to the palace. He was swiftly taken to a royal bedroom and after a quick bath, he stepped out in his royal clothes. Katappa and Anila, his loyal guard walked to him, saying " I am so glad that you are alive. You look so different with a beard. Thankfully your wife didn't hear of this fake news in Kuntala desham"

With a million questions running through his mind, Amarendra asked "Mama, why have things changed so much here. You are all looking so old. Why is Devasena in Kuntala kingdom. She had refused leave me and go to there for delivery even though her brother insisted so much."

Katappa was taken aback hearing this. He stammered "Mahendra, are you ok? I was referring to Avantika who is there till she delivers the baby"

"Mama, why are you calling me Mahendra? I am Amarendra. And Who is Avantika?"

Anila looked concerned, "Majesty, looks like the injury on your head has affected your memory. I will get a doctor immediately to examine you." He turned to step out, when Amarendra stopped him and told him "Nothing is wrong with my memory. I clearly remember it was only yesterday that I asked you and Kumara Varma to take care of Devasena while I go in search of the cattle thieves. I fell into large pit and somehow to get back here in one piece. Meanwhile looks like all of you thought that I died."

Katappa sat down in shock as realization dawned on him, then softly muttering "This is not possible, this is. oh gosh it must be a miracle." He looked up with shining eyes and said "Our prayers were answered though not quite as we thought. We were all praying that Baahubali should come back, but never thought it would be the older Baahubali, not the younger"