Chapter One: Cold feet.

White walls. White floors. White ceilings. White doors. White coats. Empty rooms filled with voices, echoes of the beeping machines that were attached to my body.
The same day, over and over again. But this time it was a Wednesday, and on Wednesdays we could watch a movie. This particular Wednesday felt different though, I was woken around 5am to the screaming and yelling of a male. There were some cries too. Then I heard the sound of beatings followed my more cries and pleads of help.
I stepped out of my bed and crept towards the door, peaking through the key hole. I saw the guards holding on to a heavily bleeding boy, he was around 17/18. With long curly hair and facial hair, I could immediately tell her wasn't one of us. His eyes were swollen and purple, his body flopped around half lifeless but his cries continued. The guard raised his baton high, ready to hit him one more time; before I knew it, his weapon hovered in the air and then flew to the ground. My nose began to bleed and the guards looked around, they knew someone was awake.

I wiped my bloody nose on the back of my hand and raced back into bed, my feet still cold from the white floor tiles. I stayed awake to the distant sound of sobs from another room. They echoed through the hallway.

___________________
7am sharp, the alarms began as normal. Waking every individual up at the same time. Guard #440 slammed open my door and stood on the outside of my room, gesturing me to hurry. I slipped on my white pumps and walked towards him, I knew where to go as I had been doing the same routine every week for 13 years.

Dr Calgon sat behind the desk scribbling on his note pad as I entered the room and sat down. His minions began to wire me up, sticking and prodding all over my body. Dr Calgon put an empty glass in front of me.

"When you're ready Enas" he said, without looking up.

I stared at him, his old grey face very wrinkled and tired. I was tired too.
I looked at the glass, back at the doctor and back at the glass once again. I sighed deeply and began to squint my eyes. The glass shattered into tiny pieces.

Dr Calgon continued to write and then smirked, wickedly at me.
"That was quicker than before, well done Enas".

"Who was the new arrival last night?" I asked softly.

Dr Calgon ignored my question and instead put another object in front of me.

"Who was the new arrival last night?" I repeated.

"Next object, please".

It was a large vase. I raised my eyebrow and shifted my head to side, the vase moved the left.

"Enas" Dr Calgon said, sternly.

"Who was it?"

He took off his glasses and placed down the board he was writing on. As evil as all the workers were in Hawkins, Dr Calgon was a personal favourite of mine. He looked out for me, he was aware of how powerful I was. Or could be.

"His name is X43. Billy Hargrove. Now, the object please".

Billy Hargrove. My one way ticket out of this hell hole.