...

"Thomas...? It's alright Thomas!" Patton yelled as he tried to get through to his friend.

"Statistically speaking, things are not ok." Logan chimed in, causing Patton to glare at him.

"Well why don't you try helping them?! Obviously your statistical ego isn't going to help in this situation!" Patton snapped back. None of the egos had been acting like themselves recently, all of them seeming to be surrounded by a completely different energy. Logan sighed and motioned for Roman to rise up.

"You called?" Roman asked, then pulled out a mirror to admire himself.

"Would you stop being narcissistic for one minute and look around you?! We need to help Thomas!" Patton yelled again, not seeming to care if he hurt any of his fellow sides feelings.

"Wow... Patton decided to grow up and use some more 'big boy words'." Logan shot back.

"So why am I here then?" Roman said indifferently. He was more focused on fixing his hair then anything else, and Patton doubted he would even bat an eyelash if things with Thomas got any worse.

"You're CREATIVITY for goodness sake! Can't you think of something?!" Patton looked to Logan for support, but the logical side was too focused on his charts and vocab cards to even notice.

"Thomas wouldn't do anything to irrational, as long as Logan's  around, so I don't see why we're worrying. Thomas doesn't seem worried."  Logan nodded in response to Roman's statement and Patton hummed impatiently. He looked back over to Thomas only to see him sitting calmly in his living room couch. 

"That's strange..." Patton mumbles to himself. "Wasn't he just freaking ou—" Before Patton could finish his thought, Roman piped up with an idea.

"If you're so worried about him, why don't we summon Virgil and get his input?" Roman put down his mirror for once and tried to make Virgil rise up.

"That's a surprisingly logical solu—" Patton was once again interrupted as Roman burst out in rage.

"Wha-?! HOW DARE HE?!" Roman continued to do the summoning motions, going faster and faster each time until he gave up.

"It's cool... You guys can just go anyways..." Thomas finally piped up. The sides all stopped to look at him, before nodding simultaneously.

"Finally I can get back to making sure I look absolutely fabulous!" Roman sang the last word before sinking down.

"I don't see how I'm needed anymore." Logan sighed and sank down as well.

"You sure kiddo?" Patton asked. It was getting harder and harder to keep his cool.

"Yeah. Just... don't worry about me, ok? Go and... hang out with the others or something." Thomas mumbled before passing out on the couch. Patton sunk down, and was about to go to his room before realizing he should check on Virgil.

"He always shows up. Even if we 'don't want' him to be there, he always shows up!" Patton said to himself as he rose up in Virgil's room. He immediately felt the effect of this 'darker part' of Thomas' mind, and reached a hand up to feel the small bags under his eyes. "I have to be quick" He reminded himself.

Patton wandered around the spider web filled living room trying to find any sign that Virgil had been there. He checked every part of the room, and finally decided to finish in the kitchen. He was loosing hope of finding Virgil until he saw a crumpled piece of paper on the counter. This was unusual, considering Virgil's own anxiety would probably prevent him from leaving anything like this around for someone to pick up and see.

Right next to the note was an untouched sandwich., with spots of mold starting to grow. Patton's heart sank and immediately he knew something was horribly wrong. He stopped holding back and lost control of his feelings. He screamed. He couldn't help it.

How long had he been gone?!