Prologue

Someone called, the phone kept ringing in my ear, I laid there face down in my bed with the sheets over my head, my heart beat was like a drum as I heard the voices in my head commanding me to let to ring, to let it ring.

Faint whispers echoed in my head beating down on my brain, it pulled at my strings as the phone continued to ring. I found it difficult to get up, it was as if the world didn't want me to. The voice hushed in my ear commanding me to tie my sheets into a knot and hang them up somewhere  high up to dry from my constant crying.

I did as I was told and tied a knot in my sheets and hug up outside allowing the deadly sun to burn right through the fabric. The voice pushed me yet again, told me to wear the sheets like a cape as its drying. It was so high up--I couldn't reach. The voice screamed telling me to get a stool or something to stand up to reach it.

I did just that and wore the sheets like a cape until the voice clawed at my brain saying now swing from the drying place and swing as high as you can until your feet touch the ground. I pushed off, the stool fell over and I dangled struggling for air. I kicked about as my mind slowly went blank. I could only hear the laughter of the voice and it telling me to go to sleep, to rest once again.

Fluids poured from every ofurace of my face, tears, mucus, snot, drool--I could feel the blood pumping through my skull and my neck tighten. My throat was dry my tongue etched out of my mouth trying to make words as my lips remained stiff. My pulse quickened my heart rate fluttered like butterfly wings, my vision became blurry and filled with tears.

I tried to speak, but the only thing that came out were gurgles from the saliva trapped in my mouth unable to reach my throat. My arms went lips and I no longer had the strength to struggle, let alone move. As my head sank down I heard a cry from far away calling my name, the last voice I heard before I sank deep into darkness.