Chapter 1

There is, doubtlessly, nothing magical about camping. That is what poor Lucy thought as she huddled close to the campfire, listening to Happy and Natsu fight about who got the last fish. As she longed to be at home, tucked in her warm bed, sipping pomegranate tea. But instead, she was stuck in the middle of nowhere, with only a fire and a thin blanket to keep her warm. But she had to admit, it felt nice to finally be on a job again - a simple one that pays great at that.

In attempts to get comfortable, Lucy rolled over on her side, gripping her blanket and pulling her feet up to her chest. Her fingers tangled, with a patch of grass as she realizes there was no getting comfortable and she would be spending the night restless and awake. She shivered, eyes closed, but unfortunately, she was wide awake. She stretched her arms out, her chin nuzzled in the soft grass and she sighed. Glancing over at a snoring Happy and Natsu, she smirked at them. Although, their mission hadn't been overly exciting, she found herself watching her partner in amazement as he watched the sky, arms tucked behind his head as an haphazard pillow.

Feeling her gaze, Natsu turned his head to face the girl, eyes built with concern. Lucy brought her arms under her chin, turning away from Natsu, her subtle smile still tugging at her lips. How was she so lucky to run into Natsu? To join Fairy Tail? Her heart fluttered at the thought of all her friends, her home; Fairy Tail. She couldn't think of a place she would rather spend her years rather than that guild.

"Lucy," Natsu's voice carried over the fire into the crisp air of the night, his tone of voice gentle and warm, even in the cold of the night.

"Yes, Natsu?" Lucy turned her head towards the salamander with curious eyes.

"Do you think..." he paused, getting lost in his own thoughts. Expecting something profound and heavy, Lucy propped herself up on her elbows. "Do you think Happy would be that upset if I ate this last fish?" Sweat dropping, Lucy laid herself back down against the grass.

"You know, you should really try thinking about something other than your stomach for once," she grinned. Natsu wrapped his arms around his stomach, rolling around in the grass.

"But I'm so hungry!" he whined miserably.

"You just ate!" Lucy screamed at him.

"You guys act just like an old married couple," an unfamiliar voice butt into their conversation.

"We do not!" Lucy defended herself against the strange voice."Hey, wait a minute, where did that come from?" Lucy's head whirled around, her eyes scanning to find the source of the voice.

"Oi, over here." the voice hollered from one of the largest tree surrounding them. Perched on a tree branch was what Lucy made out to be a boy with blue-black hair that cascaded down his slender back, dressed in baggy black pants, an oversized gray poncho that stopped just above his bellybutton with a black shirt underneath; a fox mask covered his face. The boy somehow managed to scoop up Happy and now had the cat comfortably in his lap, sound asleep.

"Who are you and what do you want with Happy?! Give him back right now!" Natsu screamed at him.

"Shhh, you'll wake the cat," he whispered to Natsu, a finger pressed against his mask. "What I want from you is simple, Natsu Dragneel," he said from under his mask, his bare feet dangling from the branch. "Your guild has something I want. If you want your little friend back in one piece, then I suggest you bring it to me, alright?"

"Don't you dare put a finger on Happy, you coward!" Natsu yelled through gritted teeth, his fists clenching and the two veins in his forehead popping out.

"What I want is easy. Bring me back something from one of your Fairy Tail members. A box that looks like this," - the boy dropped a piece of paper from the tree - "Bring it here in three days time and you can have your friend back."

"You aren't going anywhere with Happy! I won't let you!" Natsu scolded him, jumping up to the boy, his fist aflame. The boy fell backwards, letting his body swing from the tree branch by his legs.

"You've got three days, Dragneel. Bring me what I need and I'll free your friend." Natsu fixed his lips to say something, but when he turned around, the boy and Happy had vanished.

There is, doubtlessly, a lot of things magical about camping.