Prolouge

Edwards POV

My last day as a human started with bright beam of light in my eyes.  Waking me up to warmth and happiness. The one thing I don't like is that I'm barley able to stand so I haft to have help from Dr. Cullen getting ready in the mornings, eating,  and going to the bathroom. It is so embarrassing and makes me feel so useless. I call for him but a nurse comes instead. I ask her to find Dr. Cullen for me,she hesitated but then she replies with a nod.  Quite a beautiful young woman actually. She was blond and skinny with chocolate brown eyes. She wore blue scrubs and black shoes.  Her hair tied back in a messy bun.

Moments later Dr. Cullen came in to the room and told me I should be fine,  he only said this because he didn't want me to worry. I instantly knew he was lying. I've been in this place for months and Dr. Cullen is now like my best friend.  So yes I know when he's lying. On top of that he's a plain out bad lier anyway.  He walks out with his brown clipboard and almost on cue my mother walks in. 

"Mom?" I ask.  "Mom,  what are you doing here?  What about work? Your a first responder people like me kinda need you right about now!? " She looks at me and smirks, " Sabrina is taking my shifts for the next Eight and a half months." She says as she raises and eye brow. Sabrina is my mom's best friend from work. My mom loves her job so I knew there had to be a good reason she had taken that much time off. 

"Oh, mom, really!  Do you know the gender yet? " I ask.  "No not yet I will know in about 3 months. " She squeals.  "Oh my gosh have you thought about names yet? " I blurt my heart pounding.  It starts to get hard to breath but I didn't care was too excited. " No we haven't your getting a bit ahead of yourself Eddie,  hey are you ok?" She must have noticed my breathing.  "Yeah Im fine. " I cough.  I got so tired that I fell asleep with my mom holding my hand.

  I woke up to people pushing on my chest. "Edward!" My mom screamed. She kissed my forehead I looked around and it was so blurry all I saw was black,  white and blue. But then I saw my mom's face.  She had tears in her eyes she held my hand tighter then ever.  I loved my mom more than life it self.

Next thing I knew its black, all of it just plain black.  I hear my mom crying my name and the nurse trying to calm her down she never did calm down though.  My eyes opened but my mom left the the room with the nurse, the room was so small I assumed that they left due to space.  Carlisle look at me and the took out a flash light. He shined the flash light in my eyes.  Then all I remember is him apologizing for what he was about to do.  He leaned over me and, and well he bit me in the neck!  It was a inhuman bite.  I was in so much pain I couldn't speak or scream or even move. It felt like an eternity of mercy less pain before it went black for the third time. 

That was the last thing I remembered from my REAL life. Then a new life began if that's what you want to call it.  I didn't want to call it that because it sure didn't feel like a life. I would rather be in bed constantly and feeling useless than to be a monster.