Outta Hell

The apocalypse was finally done with. Though instead of going back to the cage, Lucifer was sent someplace else. Something was off though. He didn't feel like himself but he couldn't figure out what was different. 

Lucifer had been walking for days, being without his powers wasn't the funnest thing in the world. His grace was there but not all there. He tried listening to the conversations of the other angels but he could only hear that of one. His brother, Gabriel. He didn't want to admit it, but he needed help. And besides, he and Gabriel were cool right? Right? 

Sighing to himself, Lucifer flaps his wings and flies to Gabriel's location, or at least, close to it. Since he was on so little grace, he found himself falling out of the sky. He shielded himself with his wings the best he could as he hit the ground hard enough to cause a good size crater to form around him. He had passed out on impact. 

Gabriel was busy watching the stars when he hears the loud crash. He runs outside to see what had happened and notices a crater that hadn't been there earlier. He sees a small figure curled up in an uncomfortable way and climbs down to see who it was. 

Gabriel clears the dust and his eyes widen at the sight of his brother, now a small child around the age of 2, covered in dirt, some feathers, and cuts and bruises. 
"Brother what happened to you?" He asked really for himself as he picks the child up and carries him back to his small cabin. 

Once inside Gabriel sets his brother down on the couch and grabs a wet washcloth. He could normally heal him with his grace, but he wanted to make sure he did it carefully and wanted to look at him closely. He kneels on the floor in front of the couch and gently cleans his, technically, older brother up. He looks more closely at the cuts and gashes and notices that they were from a hell hound. He sighs and continues cleaning him of dirt and blood. Gabriel finds himself humming a slow, relaxing song he heard. It had been quite a long time since he had really spent any time with Lucifer, they actually used to be the best of friends and despite everything, Gabriel missed those times. 

Gabriel looks down at his brother, he looked so young. He smiles at how innocent it made him look. He sighs and decides that while Lucifer is like this, he would do what he could to give him the childhood he never had. He took the chance while Lucifer was still out cold, to poof up everything he would need, with the exception of a couple things. While Gabriel had no experience with kids, let alone a baby archangel, he did what he could. 
He set up a makeshift nursery in the spare room after carefully taping up a diaper around his brothers small fragile vessel, just in case. Gabriel also took the time to heal Lucifer's broken and banged up wing, the left one, which if he remembered correctly, was his favorite one to hold onto when he was nervous or scared. He would even suckle on a feather from time to time, not like he would ever admit it though. 

After a while Gabriel started to get worried since his brother wasn't waking up. He wondered if he was in some sort of coma. His worries were cut short by a soft whimper. He looked down at the fragile child as he woke up. Gabriel watched carefully as Lucifer woke up slowly, trying to figure out how he should react if things went bad. 

Lucifer sat up too fast and got dizzy, he holds his head and whimpers softly, "owwie.."

Gabriel kneels down in front of Lucifer slowly, "Lucifer?"

Lucifer immediately flinches and tries to shield himself with his small arms, "no! N-no mowe!"

Gabriel moves back, "whoa hey. I'm not gonna hurt you Lucifer. It's just me. It's Gabriel."

After a moment of silence, Lucifer slowly looks up, "G-Gab'iew?"

Gabriel offered his brother a small smile, "the one and only."

The smaller angel tears up and starts to cry. Gabriel's eyes widen but he gently picks his brother up and holds him close. 

"It's ok Luca. You're ok, you're safe." He coos quietly, hoping to sooth Lucifer. 

Gabriel strokes Lucifer's back, being gentle around his wings. He hums softly as he sways back and forth slowly. 

After a while, Lucifer starts to calm down. Gabriel sits down on the couch with Lucifer in his lap. 

"Luca what happened to you?" He asks softly. 

Lucifer sniffles, "i-i 'unno.."

Gabriel rubs his back, "can you tell me what you remember?"

Lucifer tears up again and shakes his head. Instead he grabs Gabe's hand and holds it to his forehead, prompting Gabriel to look into his memories. 

Gabe's eyes glow a bright hazel as he looks into the other angels memory. He sees his brother, the same age as when he saw him last, but he wasn't in the cage. He was in hell in the torture rooms. That's where many of the cuts on Lucifer's vessel came from. 

There was a flash and suddenly Lucifer shrank and he was the size of a toddler. The room was empty which made Lucifer's escape successful. Beaten and battered the baby Archangel escaped his kidnappers and found his way to earth, and made his way to Gabriel. 

Gabriel pulls his hand away and tears up, "oh Luca.. If I had known I would've gotten you outta there."

Lucifer sniffles as he looks up at Gabe, "chu s'iww woves me..?" He asks nervously. 

Gabe wipes his tears away and strokes Lucifer's hair, "of course Luci. You're my brother. I hope you're ok being the little brother for now though because you're adorable and I'd love to make things better between us."

Lucifer tears up and nods. He wraps his tiny arms around Gabriel the best he could and curls into the now older Archangel.