The Beginning

Pre-Movie
Varian is 0 and Rapunzel is 4

Gothel ran through the woods, a child in her arms. You would probably assume the child was Rapunzel, but no. This child was a boy, the Moondrop. His name would Varian. Oddly enough, Gothel running did not make the boy cry, instead he fell to sleep. Gothel took a glance behind her. If she hadn't lost the childs father, she would soon. She reached the vines where her tower was hidden. She again checked that no one was there, and when she saw no one, she raced toward the tower. She went through the door and up the stairs.
"Rapunzel!" Gothel called as she put Varian in a make-shift cradle. She knew that Rapunzel would be asleep by now, but she wanted youth.
"Yes Mother?" A half asleep Rapunzel asked, walking down the stairs. The four year old then noticed Varian. She shreiked and hid behind Gothel. Varian woke up and started to cry.
"Mother... What is that?" Rapunzel asked timidly.
"This is Varian. He is a baby. He can't hurt you. He'll be your little brother." Gothel said as Rapunzel got a closer look at her new brother. Gothel had to admit, she didn't like that he was a boy, but he was a cute baby. He had black hair with a blue strip through it, blue eyes and very pale skin with freckles dusted over his nose. Rapunzel turned to Gothel.
"What does he do, Mother? Or does he just cry?" Gothel laughed.
"Oh, my Flower, he is a baby! Babies can't do much. They need to be held, and hugged, fed and loved!" Gothel said, patting Rapunzels head. Rapunzel scrunched up he nose.
"That's doesn't sound like much fun."
Gothel picked up the crying boy and calmed him.
"See, my Flower? He needs to be craddled. But right now I want to brush your hair." Gothel said. "Go and get your hair brush." The small girl nodded and got her hair brush.
"Mother?" She asked.
"Yes, Rapunzel?" Gothel replied, taking the hairbrush.
"May- may I hold him while you brush my hair?" Rapunzel asked, looking at the craddle. Gothel was surprised. She started to think. The worst that could happen would be Rapunzel dropping him, but she was a careful girl. Gothel stood up and crossed the room to the craddle.
"Oh, all right, but you must be careful with him." Rapunzel then ran over to Gothel. Gothel picked up Varian and walked to their place infront of the fire. Rapunzel got herself settled infront of Gothels chair. Gothel showed Rapunzel how to correctly hold Varian. The girl gently took Varian from Gothels arms. Gothel sat in her chair behind Rapunzel.
"Mother? Varian woke up." Rapunzel said suddenly, turning around. Gothel looked at the two children and saw two green eyes and two blue eyes.
"Well, if we sing, he will go back to sleep." Gothel said. Rapunzel turned back to face her brother. Gothel and Rapunzel began to sign together.
"Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine~" As they continued to sing, Varian's round eyes slowly closed. Rapunzel smiled at her brother as the song finished.
"He's asleep, Mother." The girl whispered to Gothel. Gothel took the Moondrop and laid him in the craddle. She turned to the Sundrop and said,
"Off to bed, Flower. I love you."
"I love you more!"
"I love you most!"
As Rapunzel fell asleep, Gothel went to a small room bellow. She began to prep the room with blues and greys. This would be the Moondrop's room. While Rapunzel's was yellow and bright, Varian's room would be blue and dark.
Over the next few days, Gothel would prep the room. After two weeks, the room was ready. Here, in the tower, the Sundrop and the Moondrop will live together in harmony.