lead

CHAPTER twentyfour

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
New Names
part1
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||New Namespart1||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I think you should
lead
⚚⚚⚚

"what are you doing?" Bleu asked Allie as she pulled her into the house.

the meeting at church had ended and Bleu had managed to keep cool and not confront Allie until the returned home.

"what do you mean?" Allie asked knitting her eyebrows.

"we're having an election in three weeks? we never talked about this."

"we didn't have to." Allie said as she walked into the kitchen.

"what does that mean? Allie, we said that we would make all decisions together."

"really?" Allie spun around and faced Bleu. "was killing Dewey our decision?"

Bleu looked at her with confused eyes. "you said you didn't want to make that decision. you left it up to me."

Allie scoffed. "and what about Thanksgiving?"

Bleu tilted her head to the side. "what?"

"Grizz told me." Allie looked down. "he told me what you did, how you poisoned the pie with Elle."

"shit." Bleu whispered. "Allie you don't understand. Grizz doesn't know the entire story, you don't know."

Allie looked over and Bleu and shrugged.

"I don't have too. Bleu do you really want to be in charge? these kids, the kids we went to school with, don't respect us. hell, they don't even respect each other. we have had three people die, and ten people poisoned. some of that is your fault." Allie sighed as she spoke the truth.

Bleu looked over at the confusion fading from her eyes and turning to sadness. Allie looked over at Bleu one more time then left the room. leaving Bleu standing alone in the kitchen. Bleu heard the front door open behind her and turned to see who it was. Grizz.

"hey." he said approaching Bleu and reaching for her arm.

Bleu pulled her arm away and faced Grizz.

"you told her?"

"what?" it took Grizz a second to realize what Bleu was referring to. "Bleu..."

"it wasn't your secret to tell. I would have told her, I just, ...I need more time."

"time for what. you intentionally poisoned a dozen kids during Thanksgiving."

"no!" Bleu yelled back. "I didn't, that pie was never meant to leave Elle's kitchen. It was meant for Campbell." she blurted out.