chaos

CHAPTER twentyfive

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
New Names
part2
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||New Namespart2||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

this town is filled with
chaos
⚚⚚⚚

The following days were long and quiet. Allie and Bleu had announced Elle's arrest and surprisingly no one questioned it. The tension in the town was high as the election was approaching quickly. The expedition was leaving today and Bleu hadn't spoken to Grizz about what happened.

The group of kids stood at the edge of the forest preparing to bid farewell. Allie was giving a speech and Bleu was searching for Grizz. Everyone was bundled up in hats and gloves. Five kids were holding a poster that had good luck painted on it. After Allie's speech, kids were started to say goodbye to each other and that's when Bleu saw him.

Grizz was putting his backpack on and when he turned around Bleu was waiting for him with her hands shoved in her pockets. As soon as he saw he the words flew out of his mouth.

"I'm so sorry." He said stepping towards her.

Bleu shook her head.

"It isn't your fault. Honestly, I would have done the same thing."

"Bleu, I should have let you tell her."

"Grizz."

"I'm serious." He said.

Bleu walked over to Grizz and pulled him into a hug. When she pulled away he kissed her quickly. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Just come back, okay?."

Grizz laughed.

"You'll see me soon."

Bleu smiled as Grizz turned to leave

Bleu made her way back to the group and stood next to Allie. They both looked around at how happy everyone was.

"We could've made this work." Bleu said.

Allie looked over at her.

"Bleu,"

"No it's fine, you deserve to lead. I don't think I would make the best mayor, anyway."

Allie looked down at the ground.

"Maybe we can make this work, I mean." She looked over at Bleu. "Run with me."

~~~

The church was silent. There were three tables set up in the front of the room. Helena sat in the middle. Harry, had his hair slicked back and clean suit on, was sitting behind a table to the left. Bleu and Allie shared a table to the right.

Helena allowed Harry to give his opening statement of the debate and he rambled on about the growth of their community and how the kids had changed over the past six months, but mostly how the kids deserve full control. Once he finished Helena looked over at Bleu and Allie.

"Thanks, everyone," Allie said standing up. "Um, so Bleu and I have decided that we are going to run together, make our decisions together. Just like the past few months."

Allie continued her speech as Bleu let her give the opening statement, something the had agreed on. Allie spoke about survival and how the kids looked out for each other. She talked about the upcoming struggles and how they would get through this together.

"Thank you," Helena stated. "I'm going to now pick the first question randomly from-"

"I'd like to make my opening statement." A girl said as she walked up from the middle aisle, Lexi.

"Uh, the debate has already started." Helena objected.

"Right, but it's not finished and I'm here now." Lexi shrugged her shoulders.

Helena nodded slightly and Lexi turned back to the crowd.

Lexi didn't give an opening statement. She simply revealed the truth about what Harry really wanted and how The Guard interrogated her. Then she moved to Allie and Bleu, she called them dictators. As Lexi continued to ramble on about the fake miltary Helena objected and said her time was up. Lexi turned to Bleu.

"You arrested Elle. Didn't you?"

Bleu looked over at Allie. "You don't get to ask questions now."

"Oh, why? Because those are your rules? No, fuck that, Bleu." Lexi stated. "Did you arrest Elle? Yes or no?"

"I'm not answering that." Bleu stated blutnly.

Lexi crossed her arms and looked at Allie.

"Yes or no?"

Allie stared straight at Lexi.

"Yes."

"On what charges?" Lexi asked again.

"I can't say." Allie said quietly.

"She's arresting people without charges." Lexi started. "She tortures people in rooms where no one can see."

"You're distorting what's happened." Bleu spoke up.

"No!" Lexi turned to her. "You decide where we sleep, what we eat, what job we have, how late we can be on the street-"

"Shut up!" Bleu shouted as she stood up. "Lexi, shut up." 

Lexi raised her eyebrows and looked over at Bleu.

"You're right, okay. Is that what you want to hear? We have decided where you sleep and what job you have. Do you think that we did that for the hell of it?" Bleu asked raising her voice a little, anger was rising in her stomach. Bleu paused and looked around the room. "Look, the first few days here they were like heaven, no parents, no rules, but, reality set in and chaos struck. Chaos threw us out of that heaven."

"Chaos you created." Lexi cut in and Bleu glared at her for interrupting.

"What would you do differently, Lexi? Let people have access to guns whenever and wherever they want. Let people kill the kids they went to school with last year. Stop your bitching and look around you! Just because chaos struck does not mean it's the end. Chaos can be the end of a chapter but it's just the beginning of a story."