.

"Actually, I run from one place to the other all my life," he mutters quietly.

From a school to a library, from the library on a street, from the street home. Well, if one can call a motel room home. Every few months in another city. He tried - hell, he really tried - to be a good son. To be a good student. But things went in their own way.

He takes a deep breath. The air stinks. Old fertiliser factory became a shelter for those without a roof above their heads and also a place for those who need to hide. Even though there is no other man except Ron now he still can smell recent presence of others. He makes a few steps forward, hands slightly shaking. I must stay calm, he reminds himself.

From one meeting to the next, from a supplier to customers. From the light into the dark. Until she crossed his way, until he needed to make something good. To make any good with what was given to him. Something that turned his life upside down. It meant to be just on paper. Just a little lie that should help her explain things to her family. But that little lie wasn't strong enough to make them accept their wild daughter and granddaughter. And she wasn't strong enough to keep fighting.

Right here, in this factory, he tried one more time to start over. When he took the little devil she left him, the little devil he was supposed to pretend was his daughter. He came here ready to stop running away, to settle down instead. In this factory they gave him a chance to take care of baby girl waiting him in a small fusty flat with... with someone.

He looks through the hall. An empty hall. Once there were employees, machines, things which were supposed to help others were made here. Now there is trash. The place shortly after casting out those called human trash. Those he helped to become a trash. He helps.

One last time.

Ronald frowns rubbing his face with hands. This is his life. As a boy he dreamt of loving parents and brother who would stay by him no matter what. He dreamt of faithful friends he could trust. He dreamt of a job that would help him built that desired life - for him, his wife, children. Of course, firstly he wanted to be fed up of freedom. But instead he got an incomplete and broken family he pushed away himself. Even his own protective brother gave up on him after all and pretends Ronny has never existed. His friends are people interested only in their own well-being, people who don't hesitate to take an advantage of anyone and anything. At least the job let him enjoy a life of a free man, even though his hands, choices and freedom destroyed dreams of others. Dreams. Lives. Families.

He looks down at his watch, takes another deep breath of stinky air.

Tara, the little devil, didn't caused the first try to escape from this... this business. He had done it several times, but it's true that the little black gold, his baby-devil, made him stay out the longest time. Whole six years. Half of that time he spent in the factory, remaining time looking for some other job that would enable his daughter to live in decent home. A job that would provide them enough money on food so he hadn't to think about every piece he wanted to put into his own mouth. He didn't want to be dependent on Sophie - the last person who stands by him - and her money, feeling as a looser.

One last time.

Ron himself can't believe it. Yes, this time it has lasted just two years. Just two years from coming back into this business and running from it again. Just two years constantly watching his own back, being cautious on every single step he's taken. Reasons for this paranoia are simple. Always were. Eager customers who could decide to pay with some bullets or with a dagger. The supplier and his rules. The law. Sophie who doesn't know anything and he wants to stay it this way. He was afraid she could turn her back on him just like his brother did when they met few months ago. And the biggest reason - Tara and her safety. He needs to stay alive and free because of her.