Is this seat taken?

You drag yourself through the school corridors unwillingly, towards the class. Waking up to attend school had always been a headache, but today it was more of a pain because of a certain person; your bestie.

Your best friend went to Goa to attend a wedding and won't be coming to school for a month leaving you all alone. You're not much of a social person and the thought of walking to class with anybody else was already tiring you. You make a mental note on how you'd be spending one entire month alone at school.

You were busy thinking about how lonely it'll be when someone in a hoodie bumped on to you.

"I'm sorry my lady"

He says politely and you just raise an eyebrow without bothering to look at his face. You assume it was one of your annoying classmates playing around with you, feigning politeness. So you just nod avoiding eye contact and collect some of your fallen books from the ground. He helps you too, so you thank him in a whisper. You stand up before him and you hear him clear his throat to say something. You start to walk without bothering to hear him out. You didn't have time to listen to strangers talk.

As you walk you notice a couple of girls in a mob running towards you. "He's there!!!" One yells. You just turn your head in the direction of her pointed finger only to see the guy in a hood run again. Many thoughts stream in to your head with the possibilities of him being a thief, to a murderer and you shiver. The girls run past you as you stood glued to your spot thanking the heavens that the murderer didn't kill you.

After a long walk through your school corridors, you enter your classroom. It was as noisy as it could be. You check the time and it was only five minutes till the school started. You glance at the empty seat beside you and frown. "It's going to be a long day" you mumble to yourself before keeping your head on the desk till the teacher came in.

"Alright everyone! I have a surprise for you all" Your teacher says and the entire class turns silent in anticipation. "You know our class has the least number of students from the entire grade right?" She began.

You roll your eyes. Your class had the least number of students because of a new system your school was trying out. They had given everyone a test and according to the scores they divided all the students into eight classes. Your class had the students who had gotten the best scores. Of course because of that there were so many empty seats. You were thankful that both you and your bestie managed to get themselves in the same class. It was because the two of you had spent hours and hours studying together just to score the same points.

"So we have a lot of empty seats right?" Your teacher asked again and the entire class said "yes" simultaneously.

"Omg will they come to our class?" One girl yelled out loud.

Suddenly the entire class was filled with loud screams and whispers. Curiosity was killing you. You tap the shoulder of the guy sitting in front of you. "What did she mean by that?" You ask him. "You don't know?" He said aloud with a smirk. "Don't I know what?" Instead of answering your question, he turns to tell his friend about how you didn't know the most important 'thing'.

"Never mind" You say out loud annoyed with him.

You lean back on your chair watching the entire class talk among themselves and the teacher trying to silence them all. You were missing your best friend so badly. If she was here, then she would have probably known what was happening right here and in fact in the entire school. Your friend was like a satellite.

"You have new classmates!" Finally the teacher says.

If the class was loud before, it was much louder now. Immediately on cue, seven people walked in. Your mouth dropped to the ground as you stared wide eyed at their faces.