punished

CHAPTER twentysix

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
How it Happened
part1
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||How it Happenedpart1||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

maybe we're being
punished
⚚⚚⚚

The coffee shop was quiet. No one was in sitting in what was once the most popular shop in West Ham. Bleu sat at a table facing Lexi.

"Do people just come when you snap your fingers?" Lexi asked crossing her arms.

"What?" Bleu asked leaning forward.

"You don't get to demand an audience with me."

"I didn't mean for it to seem that way." Bleu defended.

"You're lucky I showed up." Lexi continued over her.

"I just want to talk."

Lexi rolled her eyes. "You weren't so interested in talking when your Guard humiliated me."

Bleu scoffed and said under her breath. "You really need to get over that."

"Excuse me?" Lexi said leaning forward in her chair.

"Look, I made a mistake, I know."

Lexi rolled her eyes as she relaxed in her chair.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I need you to stop what you're doing," Bleu stated as Lexi looked at her confused. "I need you to stop campaigning. I need you to stop running for mayor like it's a personal vendetta."

"You've got to be kidding me." Lexi scoffed.

"What're you going to do if you're elected?" Bleu asked looking up at the girl.

"You don't need to worry about that."

"Are you going to do things differently than me?"

"Yes," Lexi said bluntly as she looked away from Bleu.

"Like what?"

"I don't have to answer to you, Bleu." Lexi turned her glare to the girl.

"It's hard, you know and it's just gonna get harder. Keeping order, making sure people eat every day, figuring out how we get home." Bleu took a breath. "You can win, by making people angry at me, but once you win that stops working."