Keep Talking

Stumbling into the warmth of your apartment, you giggle at Taehyung's attempt to close the door. He manages the feat in the end but your door often sticks and, with the shit weather you're having, the act is near-impossible. Once shut, Taehyung stays there for a moment, panting in darkness while you shrug from your coat.

Your apartment is chilly, more so due to the rain. "Brr." You shiver, dropping both coat and bag to the floor. "Taehyung, come here," you whine, stepping out of your shoes. "Come warm me up."

He snorts, turning around. Dragging a hand through messy hair, Taehyung undoes his coat with the other. His umbrella lies in a puddle beside him – were you less tipsy, you would scold about water getting in the apartment but right now, cannot begin to care. What began as leaving the apartment for dinner soon became a long wait at the restaurant, a drink at the bar, two more drinks with your meal and a trip to the cocktail place next door – which led to your current state of inebriation, happily giggling at Taehyung's tie; askew, from where you tugged him up the stairs.

Taehyung smiles when you laugh, removing his coat to drape over the chair. He steps from his shoes, closing the distance between you to curl a hand around your waist. Taehyung stares a moment longer than necessary, drinking in your appearance. His gaze travels your body with an intensity that make you shiver, entirely unrelated to the cold.

You wore an outfit he loves tonight – that tight, black sweater dress with the neckline, paired with earrings Taehyung bought you for your birthday. Keeping one hand firm on your waist, Taehyung's other skims the length of your jaw. His finger brushes a delicate filigree earring dangling down from your ear. Exhaling gently, his warm breath hits your throat. Taehyung smells like the last cocktail he drank; a heady combination of citrus, whiskey and mint.

Involuntarily, your hands begin to wander his body. Taehyung's smile flickers, fingers digging harder into the curve of your waist. His thumb rubs gentle circles over your stomach, other hand rising to push back a strand of your hair.

Bending, Taehyung presses his lips to your jaw. "You are so fucking beautiful," he groans, mouthing his way down your neck. "In the last bar everyone was staring at you and wondering what the hell you were doing with me."

When he reaches your collarbone, Taehyung sucks a hickey into sensitive skin. You inhale, kneels buckling as your head hits the wall. "Not true," you pant, gripping his arms tighter in an attempt to remain upright. "I looked all around that room, and everyone in it was nothing. Nothing compared to you, anyways," you tease, kissing his nose when he rises.

Taehyung wrinkles the feature. "What about compared to you?"

"Well, that's a different question."

Laughing, Taehyung returns to your dress. Long fingers skim your neckline, smoothing the fabric to highlight your curves. Taehyung inhales, brushing the underside of your bra. The undergarment is lace, scanty enough that your nipples are just visible through the dress. Taehyung takes advantage of this, brushing them both with his thumbs.

"Ah," he groans; the sound of a man starved. Taehyung lowers one forearm to the wall, pressing himself even closer. He curls a hand into your hair, lowering his forehead to yours. "You know what I can't stop thinking about?" he murmurs, hips shifting above you to mold against yours.

"What?" you breathe, fingers scrunching into the fabric of his button-down.

Taehyung's hair falls into his gaze. "That... thing we were talking about, earlier," he says, earnest.

At this, you freeze and open your eyes. Taehyung stares back at you, gaze dark and lidded. Your hands clutch at his back, attempting to ascertain your boyfriend's current level of seriousness. "I – what thing?" you blurt, even though you know exactly what he means.