1

POPPY

The worst part was sittin here just waitin... Starin at this Glock 43 on my kitchen table... Waitin' for them to come bangin on my door.
My three kids. My four year old son James and two year old twin girls Mariah and Ryatt are in my bed sleep 'cause thats where I need them to be.  They are safest for tonight. 
Till I figure out where we are about to move next.

At my age I should be stressing about college exams and the next fuckin' trend.
Instead I'm constantly looking over my shoulder for the rest of my family's lives. All because I fell in love with an evil son of a bitch.
I couldn't even blame it on daddy issues. I knew what love was and what love was not. I put myself in that situation and I was coming to the conclusion that it was gonna take blood to fix it.

At first it was beautiful. He was captain save a ho and everything. Charming, fine, and he made it to where I didn't have to worry about a damn thing while I was with him. He was so nice in the beginning. My favorite flowers and a trip to someplace exotic. He would speak life into me and tell me sweet words that turned into venom so quickly.
Calling me amazing and beautiful, telling me he was proud to be with me. Then go and call me out my name when he was pissed.
Controlling when I slept, ate, and basically lived.
The beatings didn't start immediately. First it was the grabbing. Snatching and throwing. It was the mood swings when I made plans without him. Telling me that the company I kept were bad for my look, yet he surrounded me with the girls that worked for me. All to keep tabs on me. The control, he had to have and what Alex Gonzalez wants, he gets.

But I got my babies and myself out. Or I thought I had, until I mad eye contact with Crazy Mo today. Parked across the street of the daycare I worked at. Four Cop cars boxing in their truck and they were being questioned.
My kids were in two of the rooms down the hall and I booked. Running down the hall snatching them out of class leaving everything behind.  I  rushed to the emergency car  I'd parked at the Walmart behind the daycare. The only problem is where do we go?  I'd had everything planned except for the where next.
Five different cities since I ran. Five months ago. With three babies under age five.
Where do we go now?

         *light knock on the door*

I jump. It's 11:23 pm. This is it. He will NOT get us back that easily.  I grab my 43 off the table. And slowly walk to the door and put the gun to door and looked through the peephole .

"Hey, need some company?" My neighbor Monica had two blunts and a bottle of peach ciroc waving them in the air. Her blond bod swaying with her.
My luck.
I move the gun and hold it to my side while I let her in. She makes herself at home, her big Micky Mouse house shoes squeaking across the wooden floor of my living room into the kitchenette. she grabs two glasses from the cabinet. .. I tuck my gun behind my back, under my over sized T-shirt, and lock the door again.

Guess she's back from one of her out of town vacation dates. Here to gush over a current boy toy.
"Girl his name is Antonio and he is the one!" she fans herself.
Flippin, her weave like she always does... Last week it was Benny or Byran or whatever.

"He fine. Got money. And he said he gone fly out here Friday.  When he gets done with some business... Honey i can't wait!" she squeals.

I look towards my bedroom. ...

"Oh, my bad girl." she says before putting one of the blunt up to her lips and lighting up . I have mixed feelings about her being her. But instead
I needed a drink, so while she's doing that I go and pour myself one.

  She takes a hit and she starts scrolling through her instagram ...

"He flew me to Cabo!" She brags
" Fist class girl. He my type of man!!!"

"Wanna see a picture? " she hands me her phone... Im on her page. I don't have any kind of social account cause I won't risk HIM finding me that way. I know for a fact, he used social media. Where it was recruiting girls, cheating, it's didn't matter. I stayed away from all of it at all cost. but this girl is all about any kinda SOCIAL MEDIA.

Im scrollin' through her page . Videos of beaches. A few pictures and boomerangs of Her in about three different outfits. Fancy looking meals and poolside swimsuit pictures and videos.  Everything from her recent adventures.
It wasn't until I scrolled a bit further when my heart drops...
"That's him, Poppy." she said with a sigh.
All proud and shit.

"That's the new love of my life. Just think....."
While shes goin on about how she gone marry him and whatnot. Im lookin into the eyes of Evil himself. Smiling big, dark sunglasses covering most of his face. But it's him. His deeply tattooed arm holding Monica close to his chest taunting me through the picture ....... Is Alex fucking Gonzalez
How.......
I point to the screen
"Monica!? How did yu meet Him?" I all but yell in her face.
She lookin' at me all crazy and shit
"Girl what's wrong with you?" she says
"How did you meet him?" I ask again. ... I need to know how he found us.

" He massaged me... Said i looked gorgeous." she answered

I see bright headlights pull up in front of my window. I pull my 43 from under my shirt.

" WHAT THE FUCK POPPY?! You have a gun?!!" she looks at me like Im the stupid one. Two heavy boots walk up my stairs

*BOOM BOOM BOOM*
they nearly beat the door down.
We both look. Waiting
"Poopppyyyy!" Crazy Mo sangs.........