l a u g h | Sousuke X Pregnant!Reader [RQ]

For the lovely Momokitty <3

| l a u g h |

The urge to interrupt him before he had finished was overwhelming. You pressed your thighs together hoping it would help stave off the uncomfortable feeling in your lower abdomen. Your handsome husband remained oblivious as he faced your bump with a picture book in one hand as he read enthusiastically.

Once you both found out you were expecting, Sousuke became very adamant on looking after you and your unborn child. Whether it was joining you in prenatal classes, talking to Rin about how his wife's pregnancy was like or massaging your swollen feet and ankles and much more. 

That's it. I can't take it anymore.

    "...and so, the little mermaid-"

Sousuke looks up from the story book and a chuckle escapes his lips. He watches you waddle to the ensuite with your hands already reaching towards them hem of your dress, preparing yourself for the wonders of an empty bladder.

After the sound of a flush, your ears perk up to footsteps heading towards the bathroom only to feel his warmth radiating from behind. He nudges the bridge of his dark rimmed glasses up and averts his gaze to your reflection in the mirror. 

    "I'm going to blame you if our phone will be ringing off the hook because she's too beautiful," he says, then placing a kiss on your cheek. 

    "Ha, I bet it's because she's such a sweet talker like her Dad~" you tease.

  "I mean it, it would be great if she is like you. You're everything I dreamed of [_F/n_]."

Turning towards him, your [_e/c_] orbs meet his own teal pair. Your soft hands cup the sides of his face. He'd grown older; he now wore glasses and Rin would tell him to be careful of wrinkles; his exact words, 'Oi, Sousuke. Don't look so serious, you don't want people to think you're the kid's grandpa~'.  

    "I know she'll be wonderful because we made her together, Sousuke."

As you remove your hands, he leans down and kisses your lips tenderly, and you can feel the corners of your lips rise into a grin. As you pull away he returns your smile, his next words influenced by your heartwarming reply.

    "I'll cook dinner tonight."

-

The great thing being pregnant was having Sousuke help around the house more often, just watching him with your [_f/c_] apron tied around his waist was an image you had engraved into your memories. Having recently discovered why people found watching their other half working hard, was very substantial in comparison to your pre-pregnancy life.

The dark hared male would always refuse to wear the cute apron because it wasn't masculine, although your frequent bouts of mood swings changed his mind completely.