Senseless Vacation

Please give me feedback on the writing! If you're curious and don't wanna wait or you want to critique the plot, message me and I can tell you my idea for the plot.

This is gonna be pretty sad if everything turns out right

Link wandered the woods, his eyes burning and his head aching. The trees were all the same, and he had no idea if he was going the right way, or just in circles. The heavy fog made everything a mystery, and it seemed to form a literal cloud. Link, his blonde hair dulled by the fog and his blue eyes obviously showing fatigue, felt his legs, covered by tights, crumble. He struggled to pick himself up, thorns digging into his calloused hands. His pale skin grew paler as he started on his path once again. His palms were sweaty and his horse, needing a break, stopped and neighed weakly. The twelve-year old stopped, dropping his hand over the horse's face in an attempt to pet it, though he was too weak. His supplies had run out long ago, and he knew he may die in these woods. But never did he worry. Something called him forward, and he would follow that calling to another world if he had to. He sat down on a tree stump and felt his eyes droop. He tried desperately to keep awake, but quickly fell into a deep slumber. He dreamed of dying. He was wandering through the woods, and he suddenly felt his limbs shutting down. The dream was all too real. The feeling of his limbs not listening, the falling of his eyelids, the fight of his will. It horrified him, and it was the first time Link had ever remotely feared death. He screamed, an ear-splitting scream that pierced the fog and the very plane. But everything was silent. Epona didn't move, and Link realized nothing had escaped his lips. What was happening to him? He tried to move his limbs, but they would not budge. He was conscious, very conscious, but he could not move at all. He felt his heartbeat slow. Slower, slower, slower....

Fear crawled through his entire being, but his body refused to react. And still his heartbeat slowed. His head began to swim with the nonsensical dreams that accompanied falling asleep. He felt his breathing slow with his heartbeat. Link suddenly felt exhausted, yet at the same time, comfortable. He felt as though a blanket surrounded him. A nice, warm blanket. It smelled like home. Home. Link saw the Great Deku Tree. He waved and smiled, chucking. Saria was there, and she planted a kiss on Link's cheek. He heard the sound of someone giggling. It sounded like a Poe. It was obsessive. It repeated over and over again and Link gripped the sides of his head. No longer was he in the forest, but falling. He felt the sickening sensation of dropping flow through his body. He let out another scream once again, and he saw Ganon. He didn't know where this dark-skinned man came from, and how he knew his name. He had never seen him before, but felt as though he remembered him. Like, a part of him and his existence was Linked with this man.

All at once, he saw himself slaying the beast that was this man. Stabbing a strange sword into his heart. Then, blood gushed into his eyes. It burned! Burned like nothing he had ever felt. His whole vision was clouded with the blood, and everything went dark.

Now, Link was on his horse, Epona, again. He looked around, tears filling his eyes. The woods looked the same as always. The dense fog and the leafless trees. Link shivered, though he wasn't cold. He patted Epona on the head out of instinct and brought his hand across the grey mane of this beautiful beast. He sighed, and feeling completely replenished, he rode on. He figured that everything was a dream and he had fallen asleep on horseback. Suddenly, out of nowhere, two little puffs of light appeared in front of Epona. The horse spooked, and Link was thrown to the ground.

Link felt himself flying through the air, but his thoughts were abruptly cut off when his head made contact with the ground, and he was knocked out cold. He saw nothing but blackness for what seemed an eternity, and as he awoke with blurred vision, he made out a figure rustling round a few yards in front of him. He groaned and shook his head, trying to get the blurriness and the pounding in his head to leave. When his eyes finally focused, and his head stopped aching enough for him to see, he saw what appeared to be a skull kid. The imp was giggling, and would play a note on Link's own ocarina before giggling once again. It had stolen the precious ocarina given to Link by Zelda herself! The laughter was almost demonic, and Link felt it too similar to that of his dream. He realized the imp and his minions that Link now recognized as the two puffs that spooked his horse had not noticed him. The puffs he identified as fairies, He crept up behind the skull kid, but before he could snatch up the small body of the skinny, lost child, one of the fairies shook it's body up and down quickly, causing a ringing sound to emit. The skull child jumped without hesitation and landed on Epona. Link observed a large mask upon the skull kid's face. It was macabre, and appeared exotic looking. It was several different colors, and sported large, ominous looking eyes, and small horn-like spikes jutting from it's heart-shaped top. Link, thinking quickly, jumped and grabbed onto the small back leg of the horse, knowing that within seconds the horse would dash. He was right on the money, and Epona lurched ahead just barely after his hand made contact with her leg. Link grunted and groaned as sticks and thorns pierced his skin. He was dragged along in a mad sprint, Epona being terrified at the unknown presence on her back. Every time the horse pulled her leg forward, Link's arms were nearly ripped from his sockets. Every time the leg came back he was smacked in the face and his face and nose were bruised extremely. Finally, when taking a turn, Link lost his grip on Epona's leg and was thrown against a tree stump. He screamed and huffed when thrown to the stump, the wind being knocked out of him.