Bakugo Katsuki x Reader - Fireflies

Hello everyone and welcome to the first installment of this one-shot collection!

Fireflies - Bakugo Katsuki x Reader - 3.1k words 

       Bakugo had always found himself enraptured by your presence and hated himself for it but when he saw you sneaking out of the dorms every night his interest only grew stronger until he found himself following you out into the woods quite late in the evening. Only to find you doing something not so conspicuous as he had initially imagined. 

( YG/N ) - Your given name

( YL/N ) - Your last name

( H/C ) - Hair color

( E/Y ) - Eye color 

Ao3 - https://archiveofourown.org/works/20038516

Tumblr - https://bakudekwho.tumblr.com/post/186648838859/fireflies-bakugo-kastsuki-x-reader

================================================================================

        Bakugo couldn't understand why you of all people, one of the most goody two-shoed people in the class snuck out of the dorms almost every night. He himself wasnt known to pay much attention to his other classmates but you had always interested him and when Class 1-A had moved into the dorms the interest only grew.

       At the beginning of the year, he paid no more attention to you then he would a speck of dust, just like the rest of the students but as the year went on he began to notice things, you weren't scared of him at all maybe you found his anger and harsh temperament startling from time to time but in the end you always ended up laughing him off. At first that had bothered him... A lot... maybe more than a lot he loathed you for quite some time if he was being honest. He couldn't understand why you sought to beat him and that stupid nerd in everything as well. He and Deku may be at the heart of the rivalry but in every competition you were right behind them, it annoyed him at first just like his hatred for you did but after a while, he began to notice other less annoying things about you which only managed to make him more annoyed.

       He didn't need distractions so when he began to pay more attention to you he only got a worse attitude when you were around. You sat in front of him in class and he always found himself staring at the back of your head during Mic's English lessons or noticed his eyes following you when you found your seat with Deku and the rest of his loser friends at lunch.

       When this started happening he only found himself adopting a meaner personality than usual with you but again you just continued to laugh at his attitude. More than anything about you he hated the fact that he had zero impact on you while sometimes the only things that would pop up in his mind were stupid facts about you.

       The first night he had witnessed you sneaking out was a school night, it was very unlike him to be up past 9 pm, he was an early riser after all and needed his sleep but it was the first time he had actually lost track of time wondering about you. He was staring absent-mindedly out his front-facing window when he noticed movement down the yard. He looked down to notice your unmistakable head of (h/c) hair ( he could identify it quite well after all he spent a lot of time looking at it ) but he was confused as to why you were out. Curfew was a solid 8 pm and they got in a decent amount of trouble if they were found outside of the dorms any later. He glanced at his clock and it read 10:23 pm. He was upset with himself for staying up so late but he continued to watch you none the less instead of going to bed.

       You looked up at the school building, you were clearly checking to see if anyone was watching you. His lights were off so he doubted that you could see him but he refrained from moving anyways. Seemingly satisfied that no one was watching you you started quickly down the path away from the dorm into a wooded area. He was highly confused at this point and didn't understand why you had left the dorms at such a late hour and without anyone else at that. He knew he should just go to bed and ignore it but he couldn't help waiting up for you even if you didn't know it. The world wasnt safe for UA students anymore he was only doing his duty as a hero right...?