Always stuck with the shy ones.

Gabriel walked into the old high school building like he did every Monday (and Tuesday and Wednesday and...you get the point.) blasting Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 through his headphones. He walked through these halls as if he were the king, and the other kids his loyal subjects. Mainly because he had been here for a while. He had been held back in ninth grade twice (because let's be honest, working at a candy shop really doesn't require much education) and this was his first year in tenth grade. He knew the school from the inside out, and a lot of the newer kids were always directed to him for directions.

He walked to his locker and threw his bag inside, then walking back to the gym--which is where everyone hung out before first hour started--and sat down in his usual secluded spot. He didn't like being around people when listening to music because they always tried to talk to him and it's like: do you see these? See my headphones? That means shut up because my music is much more interesting than your little stories.

But noooo, he couldn't say that. That made him sound like a great big bag of dicks.

There was something going on today though, there was this big crowd in the middle of the gym. 'New kids.' He thought, 'this always happens with the new kids.'

Gabe walked over to the crowd and put away his headphones "hey! Leave 'em alone will you? Putting to much pressure on 'em." He yelled, kinda defensively although he knew nothing about these kids. He hadn't even got to see what they look like!

A few kids left the crowd, and the others followed. Monkey see, monkey do right?

Once the crowd cleared, Gabe looked up to see who the new kids were. It was two boys.

And sweet gum balls and cherry suckers, the taller one was flat out gorgeous.

Gabe found himself staring at the kid for a minute, but shook his head and walked up to them, "heya. I'm Gabriel, call me Gabe. And who're you?" He said, still drooling over the tall one in his mind. The other one--not even close to looking like long-haired mcdreamy--stood up, "I'm Dean and this is my brother Sam." He said, motioning towards the tall one.

So Sam was his name. Gabe already had a few nicknames in mind.

Gabe nodded and checked his watch, "how about I show you around a bit? We got about fifteen or sixteen minutes until first period." Dean looked behind Gabe to a group of girls that were staring at him a giggling, "actually..you and Sam go ahead. I'll take a rain check and have these ladies show me around." He smirked and walked over to them. Gabe looked at Dean as he walked off and then back at Sam.

Sam looked betrayed. Hey, your older brother just up a leaves you with a complete stranger on your first day of school...well, wouldn't you be scared/hurt to?

Sam was pulling these adorable puppy eyes that made Gabriel's insides melt and he felt like a mass murderer confronting his next victim. And that victim was his best friend.

Gabe rubbed the back of his head, "um, c'mon. I'll show you the outside first. And don't worry, I don't bite." Sam stood up and Gabriel walked down the steps of the bleachers with him before whispering "well, not hard anyways." And running a few steps ahead of Sam, leaving the already confused younger boy there with those words.

Sam raised an eyebrow and caught up with Gabe, being extremely silent. 'He's funny, sarcastic as crap but funny. And kinda cute--no, Sam stop. You can't like him. You're straight. Sam Winchester, you can not like this kid.' Sam thought

(Step one of accepting that you are now as straight as a rainbow slinky is: denial)

Sam walked around with Gabriel for a while, and they made it to this little square close to the high school, where all these small shops were set up. Gabe walked up to one with sam that had a giant lollipop and red sucker on the front, with the words 'Chuck's Candy Store.'

"It's my dad's, but I work here." Gabe said before Sam could ask or say anything. Sam was still being extremely awkwardly quiet, but Gabe didn't blame him. Somehow, he always got stuck with the shy ones.

"Any questions?" Gabe asked, breaking the silence at last. He only got more silence in return and sighed "no? Okay..well, uh, you should stop by the candy store sometime!" Sam nodded.

Maybe he'd do that.

((It's not that long, but I'm a bad procrastinator when it comes to writing. Next chapter will be posted soon hopefully! Cya and thanks! -Casishischerrypie))