Forever and Always [Song One Shot]

Forever and Always – Parachute

I want you forever, forever and always

Though the good and the bad and the ugly

We'll grow old together

Forever and always

------

I did this quick. I may go back and revise it. Please be gentle. haha. This was inspired by the song and the stream the other day. :D

-------

Bobby sat at the kitchen table staring up at the clock on the wall, his nerves getting the best of him as time goes on. Raven, his fiance, should have been home by now and Bobby was starting to worry. Especially considering he knew Raven better and he would have at least called him to let him know he would be running late. He waited a little longer before pulling out his phone and attempting to call him but received no answer. So he decided to try and call a couple of his other co-workers that were still working when he went off duty. Unfortunately, everyone he called said he was still working when they went off-duty and haven't seen or heard from him since. This new bit of information made Bobby worry even more. 

Suddenly the phone rings and Bobby instantly answers it, "Raven?" He says hopefully.

"Bobby, its EMS Rowen, you need to get down to Pillbox right now." She tells him calmly, "Something has happened to Raven."

"I'll be right there!" He blurts out, right as she finished talking before hanging up the phone. 

As Bobby rushed to get ready his mind went back to July thinking of when Raven asked him to marry him. He bent down on his knee and told him, "Bobby, I want you forever, forever and always. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. We'll grow old together, forever and always." Tears threatened Bobby's eyes as he ran out of the house with his truck keys in hand jumping in and starting it before heading off towards Pillbox Medical. 

When he finally pulls up to the entrance he jumps out and runs inside where he finds a very sad looking Rowen waiting for him. She leads him down through the waiting room back to where the beds are. She's explaining what happened but Bobby can barely hear her. All he can focus on is seeing Raven and hoping that he's going to be okay. Finally, hen he sees him lying in the bed he can't help but run-up to it calling out to Raven.

Unfortunately Raven is unresponsive due to multiple gunshot wounds. So Bobby takes a seat next to Raven's bed and takes his hand in his. He sits there with tears slowly running down his face and starts to talk to Raven about their future together. About their wedding, they're going to have and the good life they're going to create together. That Raven needs to hold on for him. 

As Bobby sits there he's suddenly joined by Raven's best friend Snow and their other co-worker Kareem. Both just as worried about Raven as Bobby is. They all sit there lowly talking waiting for any sign of Raven coming too. When he finally does they all can't contain their excitement. 

The doctor comes by and takes a look at Raven but his face drops and he shakes his head. Everyone in the room just knows that look. Bobby starts crying even worse and looks up at Raven and suddenly gets an idea. He tells everyone his idea and the next thing he knows, they're surrounded by their friends with the Chaplain standing before them. They exchange a couple of verses and they exchange their couple knuckle dusters. Everyone is laughing as the tears fall to the floor.

Bobby finally looks up into Raven's eyes through the tears flooding his own and says, "Raven, I want you forever, forever and always. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. We'll grow old together and always remember, whether happy or sad or whatever. We'll still love each other, forever and always."

As Bobby finishes his vows the beeps coming from the machine that Raven is hooked up to start to get too low. Raven speaks but his voice is almost too low as he says, "Bobby, I love you forever, forever and always. Please just remember even if I'm not there. I'll always love you, forever and always."