Boy, You've Got Me Helpless

I recently became obsessed with Hamilton (Late, I know), then I found out about Jasmine Cephas Jones and Anthony Ramos, then I got obsessed with Jeggy, and this fanfiction was born. I'm planning on making 7 chapters for this book, and then a sequel. 

IMPORTANT: I did change the appearances a little, I went by the actor and actresses and how they look, but I did change the skin color, just because some skin color wouldn't be liked in that time. There's nothing wrong with having darker skin, just in that time there was discrimination.

The musical Hamilton belongs to Lin Manuel Miranda, not me. 

Anyway, enjoy the story!

Peggy Schuyler loved her sisters more than the world. Never were they people to mindlessly follow a boy, or stay lovesick. Sure there were times when the two ignored her, but that all came with being the youngest. Maybe the world saw Eliza and Angelica as better, but that came with being a woman. Always being compared and thought of as less. That didn't bother her as much as it should, though. Even when the boys all asked for Angelica and Eliza to dance, gave them praises, but never gave Peggy so much as a glance. Even when her sisters would abandon her for these boys, if just to see what would happen. Sure every ball turned out this way, but who cared? Not her.

A Winters Ball of 1780 would start out exactly the same as every other ball. The Schuyler Sisters would walk in, rendering the room speechless, and of course, boys almost immediately flocked to Peggy's sisters. She really could see why. Besides the money and status you could gain from marrying a Schuyler sister, Angelica and Eliza were so very desirable.

Angelica was absolutely gorgeous, with long, curly ebony hair and tanned skin. Wherever she went, she commanded respect and attention. Almost as if it was a crime to ignore such a girl. The raw wit, and the wisdom she held? Men would gush for years. Even if she could be overbearing, maybe hold a grudge like crazy, she was still a woman that every man craved, whether they knew it or not.

Eliza was graceful as a dove, and beautiful as one. Straight, black hair that perfectly moved with her body, fair skin that would dazzle boys all around. When she moved, it was as if the world turned silent. She was a princess born into a comparatively poor family. Her looks would never do her personality justice, for she was the kindest person Peggy knew, and the kindest person anyone could ever find. Still, she would never let you believe she was naive. The perfect person to marry, Peggy thought.

Peggy was...just herself. She didn't have beautiful black hair, but dark brown hair that was so tangly it only looked good in a ponytail. There was no fair skin or beautifully tanned skin here, just skin that was just sort of...tan but not. Although appearance didn't mean everything, Peggy knew boys looked for that first. If they even got past that, her personality wasn't anything special. Sure she was smart and good give a good comeback, but not like the witty and quick-thinking Angelica, and she could never be kind like Eliza was. To say the least, she was boring compared to her lovely sisters.

So this start was no surprise, and the way the sisters all held themselves was no different than normal. All three would claim a spot by the wall and simply talk until some boy that actually may be worth their time showed up, or Angelica decided that they needed something to eat. That night, it was the latter, which meant Angelica would actually be walking around, getting them all food.

Angelica was walking over to the food table when she ran into a boy. He didn't look like anything special to Peggy, but clearly, her sister thought differently. Almost immediately a blush had appeared on Angelica's face, and instead of getting food, she began to dance and chat with this stranger. Great.

Peggy turned to Eliza, eager to comment on the matter of food, but stopped when she saw Eliza's face. Smitten was one way to put it, starstruck another, but really the best word was helpless. Utterly and hopelessly helpless for...that same boy Angelica was dancing with.