Chapter 1

The heels from her black boots clicked on the concrete floor as she made her way down the hall. She followed the hall to the backroom where they kept the slaves. They were taken or sold as children and trained to be the perfect slaves. The slaves were all werewolves. Which is why they were shutting it down. Rocco is a vampire and so is his son, Jack. Jack is dating Taylor's lifelong best friend Zachary, and Zachary is a werewolf. Jack hated the idea that something like this could've happened to him before they even met, so he asked his father and Taylor to shut it down.

Once she was in the backroom she looked at the many cages lined up along the wall with a young werewolf in each, and she started unlocking them. They were all too terrified to try to escape. When she finished unlocking all of them she turned around. "Get up and go to the end of the hall," she commanded. They all scrambled to get up and leave. Taylor knew that at the end of the hall Rocco was waiting with a nearby pack of werewolves, that were going to help them.

She glanced around the room one last time, preparing to leave, when she saw a small, dirty figure in a cage near the corner of the room. She walked over to him and crouched down to his level. Why didn't he leave?  She thought. His cage was open and he was huddled in the back, curled up in a ball, staring at her with absolute terror in his blue, tear filled eyes.