We Blessed this City

“So what’s this big news then?” Grace exclaimed as she entered the newly decorated house.

“You did get my text then,” Chester responded from the sofa, “nice of you to reply” He let out a gentle laugh as he turned to kiss Grace’s tender face.

“I’m sorry I thought I did!” She answered with a confused expression on her face.

“Well it doesn’t matter, don’t worry!” She clambered onto the sofa beside him.

“So tell me this big news, I’m finding it hard not knowing!” 

“You never know!” Chester giggled at his own joke as Grace leant down touching her lips with his. They shared a lasting kiss. “Well,” he started with a hint of nervousness in his voice, “wait let me get something.” He stood up and went out the room to retrieve the something as Grace was left their bewildered and confused by his actions. “Ok, listen to this I tell me what comes into your mind when you hear it.” Chester came back into the room moments later, cradling his laptop in his arms. ‘We built this city, we built this city on rock ‘n’ roll’ The ever so familiar song filled the room as Grace blurted out 

“The Streamy’s!” 

“Ok, yeah but what else?”

“Ermm, I dunno!” admitted Grace.

“What musical is this from?” hinted Chester. Grace’s eyes widened.

“Rock of Ages!” She exclaimed, “Love that!” 

“Well you'relooking at the next Stacee Jaxx!” He’d wanted to scream this as soon as she walked in the door but knew he had to keep her guessing, it was more fun that way. Grace’s eyes widened even more. Those brown eyes filled with pride and love as she ran over to him pressing her face against his. There had been talk about him starring in the musical but nothing had been confirmed yet.

“So proud of you love!” Grace whispered in his ear as he lifted her off the ground wrapping her legs around his body.

“I love you!” He murmured into her hair. Grace realized what this meant though. 3 months without her love, 3 long months in an empty house. Chester knew her so well that he could sense her uncertainty.

“We will make this work.” He said whilst cradling her head into his chest.

“I love you”