Chapter 1: Pacho

Denzel's P.O.V :

"Yeah mom, I reached San Bernardino, I like it here, it is better than I expected it to be." It was my mom on the phone. "Well good for you my love, take care and call me if you need any thing." my mom said. Putting down the phone I sighed. Pacho came in;

Pacho was a drug dealer, a big one, also my roommate. But he didn't go around selling stuff by grams to the locals, He had his men sell the cocaine to the local dealers and his men sold it themselves too. Pacho's full name was Pacho Hernandez; he had innumerable man working for him, he owned half the police, he owned the city. Pacho had enormous amounts of money, bank accounts, cars and real estate and he knew how to hide it.

 Now you must be wondering why would he have himself live in an apartment? well, why not? From what I could figure out he wanted to keep his presence on the low and believe me he was good at it. Pacho was from Mexico and he had direct links from the Mexican cartels and Colombian cartels for the drug smuggling. Pacho had local hit men working for him and he was good at spilling blood himself. 

"Amigo, have you seen my rolling papers?" Pacho says looking around. "Nah man, haven't seen them." I said. "I was wondering if you would like to come to a party tonight? It will be at my penthouse down the street." Pacho was still looking around for his rolling papers. "Pacho, I have assignments due, I gotta turn them in tomorrow, I think I can't make it." I said. "Come on amigo! you haven't been to a single party since you came here. Keep the college bullshit aside for a day man, I want you there." Pacho got up and left.

I was getting ready for the party. One of Pacho's men came in; he handed me a pistol and said, "Pacho wants you to have it." I handed the pistol back, "I don't need it.". But he said that Pacho insisted thus I had to take it.

I reached the penthouse. I had only heard about parties like this; there were hookers, drugs, alcohol and everything I could imagine of. I went and sat with Pacho. I took out the pistol and handed it to him, "I don't need it." Pacho laughed and lit up a cigarette "My friend, you do."

The next moment we heard a loud gunshot; One of Pacho's men in the party had shot another guy over a dispute. Pacho got up and went up to him. The man was high on coke. Pacho looked at him," What the fuck is this?" the man replied,"This son of a bitch was trying to fuck with me, and he made a mistake." Pacho's face was red with anger. He turned around and started to walk back to his seat. My mind raced to formulate thoughts about what could happen now and before I knew it there was another gunshot. Pacho blew his brains out. He looked down at the body,"You let me down." I was shook, I just saw two fucking murders. I went back and sat. Pacho sat beside me," you will get used to it." I looked at him and he smiled.

"Hey! I want you to meet someone special." Pacho grabbed me by the arm and took me to the pool. "Maria!" Pacho shouted.

Maria was Pacho's sister and he loved her more than anything. She was an extremely attractive woman. She had me then but the only thing on my mind was the two murders. The party resumed as if the murders weren't a problem. I couldn't comprehend that it was blood spilled that easily.

"Pacho! How are you?" Maria said. "My love, I'm fine. I want you to meet Denzel.  He is my roommate." She shook hands with me and said," Nice to meet you, Denzel."I said that it was a pleasure to meet her too. Later that night, Maria asked me for some drinks and I went with her. We got drunk and the party was getting wild. Before we knew it, we were in bed.

As I entered the apartment the next day; seeing Pacho hold a knife in front of a man tied to a chair was the last thing. I asked,"What is this?" Pacho replied,"Motherfucker made a bad decision, he has to pay for it." Pacho stabbed him in the leg, the man screamed in pain. Pacho looked at me,"This son of a bitch tried to hit on my fucking sister! Can you believe that?! This motherfucker tried to hit on MY SISTER!" Pacho took out the knife from his leg and slit open his throat. I was scared and grossed out to the extent that I ended throwing up.

I knew I had made a great mistake, This would be the last man whose sister I wanted to sleep with. I was extremely scared and tensed. Thousands of thoughts hit my mind; I was going crazy. At a point I thought that Pacho slit open the guy's throat just to show what he was going to do with me because I slept with his sister.

Pacho noticed my unusual behavior and asked me if there was anything wrong. I replied,"I just feel really bad about the two guys who died yesterday, you could have spared the guy."Pacho looked at me,"I demand respect for my orders Denzel. My men aren't allowed to shoot at guests under any circumstances except if I order to, he disobeyed. I don't have any spaces for mistakes my friend. Nobody is worth giving another chance. Giving more chances makes you weak and in this world the weak don't survive."

My cell phone rang, It was Maria.

A.N :

There would be a new chapter every one or two weeks.

This story has violent and explicit themes but It will be interesting as it goes, thanks for reading it!

I am really excited to share it with you guys!