Chapter 1: The Dream

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ THE CHAPTER
If you haven't read the summary/description (which you SHOULD, by the way, otherwise you can just skip this), then please note that this story is DISCONTINUED and I lost motivation for it long ago. I know, it had a lot of potential. I still have all the story notes and whatnot for it, so if you want me to plot out what would have happened if the story had continued, throw me a comment or direct/private message and I'll put it up. It'll probably take weeks for me to uncover everything again, so don't expect me to already have it ready to go and finish in days. Thanks for understanding :)
Enjoy what I got down a long time ago before my plans changed.

Chapter 1: The Dream

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   "Jay."

   "What?" Jay looked around himself. He was seated in a cool meadow with a gentle breeze whisking through the soft blades of grass. The sky was a mystic shade of silver, with the stars gleaming brightly like tiny duplicates of Zane's bright blue eyes. The setting gave a peaceful and mysterious air around the Master of Lightning.

   "Jay."

   The voice was clearer, yet still an echo in the night. It sounded raspy, as if it belonged to an old person. Not like Master Wu, but close.

   Jay double checked his surroundings. His heart sank as he found none of his friends, much less Nya, probably trying to trick Jay with an imitation of Master Wu's voice. Which if they were there and were actually trying, they had completely failed.

   "Jay."

   The Lightning Ninja opened his mouth to yell out a million questions, but he stopped as a burden of scents entered his senses. Jay almost toppled as the scents overwhelmed him. There were the scents of dry grass, of fresh snow, of...

   Was that cat?!

   Jay seemed to recognize the distinctive scent of a cat.

   That wasn't normal. Jay had never even smelled a cat before, let alone be close enough to a real one like this.

   And why did his sense of smell kick in when he opened his mouth rather than when he inhaled through his nose...?

   "Jay."

   Jay turned. A dark brown tabby cat with a white muzzle stood before him, his chin raised, his amber eyes and pelt glowing with stars. Although he looked young and strong, his patchy fur and white muzzle showed his true age, possibly older than he looked.

   "You have arrived." His voice carried a tone that spoke almost of destiny, and Jay inferred he was wise as well. "We have been waiting for you."

   "Um, excuse me, but what?" Waiting? For him? Why? "You've been waiting for me?"

   The brown cat sighed. "There is much to explain. But the prophecy shall come true."

   "Prophecy?" Like the Prophecy of the Green Ninja? Or something like the Curse of the Golden Master? Jay shivered. "Pardon me?"

   "You are lightning, yes?" The cat questioned, to which Jay nodded confusedly. How did he know?

   "Good. Then we are correct." The cat sounded satisfied. "You are the lightning cat."

   "Hold on a minute. Lightning cat?" Jay looked down at his hands...

   ...or what was supposed to be his hands.