PROLOGUE

Laughter of an evil egg-shaped man filled the metallic room which 3 heroic hedgehogs were currently trapped in, with said hedgehogs fighting off countless round, orange Egg Pawns. A large device was unleashing extreme energies that caused the hedgehogs to tense under the stress of defeating all the robots as quickly as they can before it's too late. What they were trying to stop Eggman from doing, they weren't sure, as for once the man was vague about his plan.

"Yo, Egghead, you gonna chill with the bots & tell us what you're up to like you always do or what?" Sonic yelled, strain tangled in his voice as he homing attacked several Egg Pawns in a chain while he spoke. The man chortled at Sonic's words.

"Well, you see, Sonic, I can't tell you anything or else it'd ruin the surprise!" Eggman replied as he sent in even more Egg Pawns. While Silver was wiping out the robots with his psychokinesis, he noticed the device above him starting to glow. Ever so slowly, white light illuminated the room, which caused Sonic & Shadow to look up as well. They couldn't be too distracted, however, as the Egg Pawns were still attacking them. The light soon had a swirl texture, which Silver recognized as the design of...

"A portal! That's what he's creating!" Silver shouted, causing Sonic & Shadow to turn to glance at the omelette man. Sonic's face was contorted in confusion & curiosity, while Shadow glared at him. Silver, on the other hand, tried his best to think of a way to deactivate the portal while also fighting back the robots. His attempts were futile, however, as Eggman had a satisfied look on his face as he said his next words.

"You three think you can win? No, no, no... I've won. I'll prove it by sending you all to alternate universes with no way out! Farewell, you disgusting rodents!"

Before any of the three could say anything, the Egg Pawns seemed to have been called to retreat as the portal was activated by the pull of a lever. Immediately, the 3 hedgehogs started floating towards the portal, gravity seeming to have disappeared for them. They all looked at each other in uncertainty before they were whisked away into an unfamiliar world. Their vision, hearing, & minds started to blank as they lost consciousness.

Soon enough, coldness started to envelop all of their bodies. However, for each of them, it was a very different type of coldness.

-------------------------------

As soon as Sonic woke up, he tensed up, hopped to a standing position, & curled his fists into balls. However, when he realized where he was, he relaxed once again. He noticed the snow covering the ground beneath him, all the trees & all the few buildings that he saw in the distance. It smelled like a cave full of snow, which felt natural but also unnatural to this place. Looking up, he noticed there wasn't a sky. Only high, high rock. It didn't look like anyone was outside as he started to take a look around.

"Yeesh... this place is really outta this world..." Sonic commented as he took in all the new sensations of this new environment. Did anyone even live here? Was he alone? Where are Shadow & Silver? This he didn't know & the thought unnerved him a bit. However, the thought that he'd handle this just fine like all of his other adventures filled him with hope & eased his nerves.

During his thinking, the smell of hot dogs filled his nose. His mind & stomach immediately reminded him that he hasn't eaten in quite a while & a hot dog or a dozen would be a great meal. Agreeing with himself, he marched on to where his nose told him the source of the smell was. Soon enough, he saw a stand in the distance. A hot dog stand. It was run by a short skeleton with a bored look on his face & his chin rested on his hands. He was wearing a poofy blue hoodie that made him appear bigger than he actually is. His eyes were null except for the tiny white pupils that were glancing around as if looking for a way to cure his boredom. Said pupils found their way to Sonic, making the skeleton perk up ever so slightly at the unfamiliar individual. Sonic gave him a kind, sincere smile as he headed over to the stand.