Movies, Mayhem, & More

Narrative: All Peter Parker wanted to do that Saturday afternoon was spend some quiet time with MJ at the movies, but things take a turn with just a fumble of words, two dummies, and a blow to the face. Will everything turn out okay in the end or will he just embarrass himself completely?
____________________________________
School was quite boring when all you had to do in class was write a report, and that's what Peter Parker was: bored out of his mind. Earlier today he was his  usual cheerful self, but when chemistry arrived, there was something monotonous about not having any lab experiments developing. He longed for the class to end, because the soundless room was beginning to irritate him. The weary feeling was put to an end when the sound of the bell rung. He hopped out of his seat as fast as he could, his previous upbeat self bubbling back up.

When he entered the cafeteria he scanned for his usual table. He spotted the table with three occupants sitting there. MJ was sat at her regular spot at the very end of the table with a book in her hand, nothing new, but he still admired it. He looked to his usual spot to see the sight of his best friend, Ned Leeds, and Ned's girlfriend, Betty Brant, right next to him. That's right, his guy in the chair had a girlfriend, and before him. Peter didn't mind though, in fact he was ecstatic. Ned deserved the world and so much more. He wanted his compadre to be happy, and Betty seemed to make him happy. Peter just wished he had enough confidence to ask his crush out, thinking this as he looked at the said person wistfully.

He then snapped out of his staring and strolled over to the table. "Hey guys, h-hey Michelle. No! I m-mean MJ," he acknowledged them, but stammered when it came to the introverted beauty. He received two helloes and a nod from the reclusive girl. "Peter, I know it's been weird lately, and I don't wanna make it seem like I've taken your best-friend. So I was wondering if this time you'd like to join us when we go to the movies tomorrow," Betty put forth the idea. "What, no, not at all Betts. I've hung out a good amount with Ned, and your relationship is so new. You two should enjoy it. Plus, I don't really want to be the third-wheel," Peter argued. "Dude, it's fine. We're not gonna make you feel awkward, we're not like that," Ned claimed. "We could also find someone else to join so you won't be alone," Betty proposed already examining the area. Her eyes then focused to a certain brunette not but a meter away from them.

"Michelle, would you like to join us," Betty asked in an oh so sickly-sweet voice. The usual perky Betty, and it made Peter somewhat embarrassed. He closed his eyes thinking she was going to say no, but surprise hit him when he heard her response. "Sure, it's not like I have anything else to do this weekend," Michelle replied casually. "Great! Then it's settled," Betty finalized, Ned nodding his head in approval. Peter just sat there lost of words until the bell rung once more.

Peter didn't notice the time passing by that day, still dumbfounded at her answer. His thoughts blurred knowing he'd actually get to spend time with his crush, but along those happy thoughts brought a nervous-wreck. That night, on his bed, all he could do was stare at the absence of light in his room, contemplating the day ahead of him.
.......

The night went by fast, and Peter woke up rushing to get ready. A neurotic feeling merged with an elevated one surged inside him. As he raced to get ready time went by as fast, leaving him with only ten minutes to head to their meeting spot.

Luckily Peter arrived on 73rd St. just on time. Arriving there he saw Betty, Ned, and Michelle already there, most likely waiting for him.

He waved to them, getting three in turn as well as a complementary middle finger from none other than Michelle. Walking up to them he asked, "So where to?" "I thought the destination had been clear, Parker, or are you always so slow," Michelle inputted before anyone else could answer. Peter just rolled his eyes and looked to Ned for a less snarky response. "That way," his friend said pointing to the left of them.