Christmas Ride

It was Christmas Eve. Ben looked around the loft all decorated. A far cry from what he had experienced in years prior.

Ben was standing in the kitchen when Ciara walked out of the bedroom. She was wearing a long maroon sweater and emerald leggings. Ciara quietly walked up behind Ben and wrapped her arms around him, "Hey." Ben turned around and smiled, "Hey Rockstar."

Ciara smiled at her nickname. Ben knew about the most vulnerable moment of her life, and while most people saw her as a victim, Ben saw her and strong and badass.

Ben looked at Ciara's outfit, "You look amazing." Ciara blushed and gave Ben a light kiss.

Ben walked over to the freezer and pulled something out. Ciara looked at his hand and saw a frozen turkey dinner in his hand. "What do you think you're doing with that?" Ben looked at Ciara obviously, "Dinner." Ciara shook her head, "Oh, no you don't. No boyfriend of mine is gonna have THIS for dinner on Christmas Eve. Of course, you're coming with me to Jennifer's."

Ben looked at Ciara like she had 3 noses, "Really? You REALLY think I'm welcome there? Considering my history with her daughter?"

Ciara crossed her arms, "You're my boyfriend and you are welcome anywhere I am. And I will tell that to everyone there. And you coming and that's the end of it." Ciara ripped the dinner from Ben's hand and threw it back into the freezer, a little too forcefully than necessary, but for emphasis.

Ben laughed, "Damn baby." Ciara shook her head and smiled, "Let's go."

Ciara and Ben walked up to Jennifer's house and Jennifer opened the door, "Ciara, it's so good to see you." Jennifer's face dropped when she saw Ben, but didn't say a word to him. After a moment of staring at Ben and Ciara and Ben's hands together, Jennifer cleared her throat and stepped aside and Ciara and Ben walked in. Jennifer walked back to the kitchen without saying another word.

Ciara was about to walk into the living room where the firing squad also known as the Horton family was when Ben pulled Ciara's arm back. Ciara looked at Ben in confusion and Ben just said "Mistletoe" and pulled Ciara in for a kiss. Ciara laughed in the kiss and pulled back when they heard "Ew!".

Ciara turned around and saw Arianna standing there. Ciara and Ben chuckled as Arianna ran into the living room. Ciara laughed and put her head on Ben's shoulder. Ben said, "You know, that's probably the nicest response I'm gonna get today." Ciara picked her head up and lightly slapped Ben's shoulder, "Oh, stop it." Ciara wrapped her arms around Ben's neck, "I love you."

Ciara took Ben's hand and they walked into the living room and everyone stopped talking as soon as they saw Ben. Ben gave Ciara's hand a little squeeze and they sat down on the couch. After a few minutes, pretty much everyone went back to their conversations while still keeping their eyes on Ben. Ciara sighed, "I'm sorry. I'm sure this isn't how you wanted to spend your Christmas Eve." Ben shook his head, "As long as no one poisons my food, I'm good." Ciara shook her head, "I love you." Ben smiled and pulled Ciara close, "I love you too."

Ciara and Ben were just talking about nothing important in particular when Thomas ran up to Arianna. Ciara saw Ben's face fall. Ben knew and understood completely well that Thomas was not his son, that he was Chad's, but he couldn't help but think of what his life would be life if Thomas HAD been his son. Ciara saw this and put a hand on Ben's face, "Hey... one day." Ben cracked a smile, "How do you know what I'm thinking before I say it?" Ciara shrugged her shoulders, "I love you, so I know you." Ben's smile grew, "I love you, too."

Thomas walked up to Ciara and Ben and sat on Ciara's lap, "Hey Thomas. This is my boyfriend Ben. Can you say 'Hi Ben'?" Thomas gave Ben a little wave and handed him one of his trains. Ben took it and look at it in his hand, "You like trains, Thomas?" Thomas moved to the floor and Ben sat down on the floor as well. Thomas started racing his train around the coffee table and sat on Ben's lap.