Chapter 1 - Voting Season

Momo's POV

I don't think this would be something that I'd expect to say when I first joined U.A., but I think things are getting pretty stable in my life. Especially after the insanely cathartic first few months, I think I thought I'd never be able to get into a normal-ish schedule I can regularly rely on from day to day.

Right now, I was doing what we do every day. After a few hours of classes the bell rings and we all start walking out of the classroom before Mr. Aizawa asks for me and Iida to stay behind so he can tell us something. Wait, this is a first actually... We stay behind and I correctly assume that it's something to do with the student council and ask him what he needed from us.

"Okay, listen up. After lunch you guys gotta go to the Conference Room instead of back to your classroom, got it? Midnight already knows so you won't be marked as absent" "But Mr. Aizawa what is the meaning of this? Did we get in trouble somehow?" Iida asked accompanied by his exaggerated hand gestures.

"Not at all. It's just a meeting to decide which of the first year's council president and vice president will represent the first years in a meeting with the principal. He asked that you decide on your own and so granted you that space and time. So, do you understand what it is you need to do?"

We both nodded and after he granted us permission, we turned around and walked towards Lunch Rush so we could have a good meal before the imminent discussion. I sat on a table with my classmates and they immediately asked what Mr. Aizawa wanted to talk to us about, immediately setting a conversation topic for the rest of lunch.

"Oh, that sounds pretty intense doesn't it?" Uraraka said to everyone else's agreement. "Everyone is probably going to try to be the one to to be picked in the end so it could very easily get heated" Tsu said. "Hey but look on the brightside, Kendo and Kodai will be there as well so you guys can kind of work together, maybe?" Kaminari said grasping at straws.

"I guess that means you'll also be with the council president of 1-C right?" Midoriya said to which everyone just answered with silence. "Wait, you guys haven't heard of 1-C's preside-" "OH YEAH MR. MIND CONTROL!!" Hagakure and Ashido shouted at the same time. "Mind Control? Isn't that that Shinso kid?" I asked confused.

"No! That's brainwashing, this guy has a completely different quirk! People say that he can convince people had certain ideas on their own but it was actually this guy's quirk all along!" Hagakure said. "So like Inception?" Todoroki asked. "Yes! I mean, no. I mean, maybe?" Ashido answered (if you could even consider that an answer).

"No one actually knows what his quirk is though. Well, at least not anyone besides the staff and stuff, but he convinced them to stay quiet about it, with his quirk I'd assume" Midoriya cleared up. "How is he though? Like, actually personality wise. Is he at all nice, is he a jerk?"

"I don't really know. From what I've heard he only has one or two friends in his class but despite that everyone in his class respects him a great deal. Actually I'm pretty sure everyone that has talked with him has some level of respect for him. Even a lot of third years admit he's quite smart" Midoriya explained further.

Before anyone else could ask another question the bell rang once again, signaling for everyone to go back to their classrooms, or in our case, to the Conference Room. As everyone stood up from their seats you could tell about one tenth of the students separated from their classmates and headed a different way.

As we walked to the conference room I spotted Kendo and Kodai and me and Iida started making small talk with them on our way to the room. "Wait a second... I'm only counting 20 of us here. If there are are 11 first year classes shouldn't we be 22?" Iida thought out loud. "You're right... Well, guess that means less competition huh?" Kendo joked. "I wouldn't be so sure about that" Kodai said without stopping looking forward.