In the woods

A tickle on Olives face woke her up. Her lizard has gotten loose, he was like an alarm clock. Olive picked up Pilot, her lizard. "6:21." She put Pilot into his cage, then took off her striped pajamas, her circle shaped room had not a lot of furniture, instead, the empty grey carpets, and the cherry red room were bombarded with plants, succulents. She walked out the front door, starting on the path that led into town, the small forest was quiet and the only sound was the rain hitting her umbrella. She walked deeper into the forest, pass the simulator White houses with red roofs and a single window surrounded with rotting red wood. In a pattern, the dull yellow porch lights were turned on. Olive looked up to the sky, holding onto her beanie, so it wouldn't slip. The sky was dark, and scattered with stars. The stars looked like smeared paint, or the painting by Vincent Van Gogh. She wiped the rain off of her glasses then continued to head to school. Behind her, she could hear one of the house doors shut. She could hear rain boots splashing in the rain, then hanah, her friend came up behind her, "boo!" Olive fake screamed, to satisfy her friend. The deeper they went into the forest, the saddest the trees looked. In the end of town, all of the aspen trees stopped at a gate, the old chipped white paint on the gate added personality to the storage unit, placed behind her. Unit 6-6-6. Hanah and Olive stopped to look at the storage unit for a minute. Forest noises surrounded them, engulfing the minds of the weak. It was a new school year, 7th grade, Hanah looked like a boy, with the usual boy haircut and sweats. She was one year older than Olive, 13. Olive wore a beanie, button up Olive shirt, mom jeans and converse. She also sported a scene haircut. Her bangs would fall in her face sometimes if she didn't put enough hairspray in. They could already see kids crowded around the tables or playing basketball in the rain. Olive Turned To Hanah, hooded up her pinky and smiled. "Promise we'll still hang out?" Hanah warped her pinky around Olives, "bet." Olive took a head start run through the gates, looking around, the school had a courtyard, filled with vines and flowers, the sad looking flowers. The sky was grey, getting lighter when they all left for their first class, Olive stared at her list while yanking the knob of her locker. "Need help?" A boys voice rang from beside her. He had freckles, fluffy medium cut hair and light blue eyes. "Yeah, sure." He took the sticky note that had her combination on it, "my name is Jasper." He said as he turned the knob counter clockwise. "Olive." Jasper nodded. He sounded high or just really depressed. He was skinny, wore a black hoodie and maroon pants. He looked almost paper white in the White lights bouncing off of the white tile floors. Everyone looked pale, even she, who had a peachy skin color looked pale. "Got it." Jasper stepped aside. "Thank you, it was nice meeting you." Jasper looked at Olive for a second before he grabbed his books then left for the same class she was going to. By the time she was done picking up her books from the locker, the hallways were empty. "Wasn't everyone just here?" She walked into class, nobody was there, except for a boy sitting in the back, and Jasper. The boy in the back, who had extremely fluffy hair, was scribbling down notes in his notebook. Four more students entered the room, a boy with blonde hair and black eyes, his cheeks were red and he wore a red jacket and white jeans, he didn't give off a friendly vibe. Behind him was a girl, probably his girlfriend. She had caramel skin, dark long hair with bangs and long lashes. She wore a tube top and ripped jeans. She climbed onto the blonde boys arm. The room was silent, then a short girl with long brown ponytails came in. She wore a long army blue dress and she didn't look happy to be there. Finally the last student, Hanah. Olive patted the seat next to her but Hanah sat far away from her. Hanah was pale and looked to be scared. And the reason why, entered the door. A skinny man, probably almost six floot entered the room, he had black smooth hair, glasses and he wore a white dress shirt with black pants. His smile was wide, wider than humanly possible. "I'm Orion! Orion Cheshire. Call me Mr. Cheshire." He wrote his name on the white board. "Oh I almost forgot." He set down the chalk then the room seemed to get a little more dark. "Welcome to the execution."

-t.b.c