Extensive Boredom

"Please, Ms. Adams. Your husband is just in the other room. I am only here to repair the television. That is why you called me."
"I lied! I've seen you look at me! You want me just as badly as I want you! I don't care about my husband anymore. He doesn't look at me the way you look at me!"
"Ms. Adams, please. We shouldn't be doing this!"
"Shut up and take me already!"
"Just do it!" Marie exclaims with a gasp as she turns up the TV volume. This is her favorite drama as of late. It is the closest thing to steaming romance that she can get. Every day is the same routine. Wake up in the morning, Josh is usually already left for work, and then she will make breakfast, do laundry, find small chores to do and occasionally one of her girl friends will come over to gossip with her. After that she retreats to the king size bed upstairs and gushes over the television for hours on end until Josh finally gets home.
It is currently 11:37 p.m. and he should be arriving home fairly soon. Marie waits patiently in her new pink lingerie that she bought a few days ago, hoping that maybe tonight is the night she can convince Josh to focus his attention away from work and onto her.
12:00 comes faster than expected and finally the front door opens downstairs. Marie smiles and jolts to a sitting position with excitement. She fluffs up her curly chestnut hair and puts an enticing look on her face as the bedroom door slowly creaks open. In the doorway stands her husband, soaking wet from the storm outside and she quickly gets up and helps him into the room.
"Oh goodness, Darling! Are you alright? I didn't notice it was storming so bad outside." Marie exclaims as she sits him down on a chair and unbuttons his soaking wet navy blue uniform.
"Well it has been like this for the past couple of hours and I have had the pleasure of standing in it the entire time." Josh states with frustration as he wrestles off the white tank top that is stuck to his skin. Marie undoes his belt and slides off his heavy pants. When they are off and on the ground, he stands up and motions for her to back up. She throws the clothes in the basket by the door and then hops onto the bed. He finally removes his underwear and walks to the dresser to find some different clothes.
"You know, honey, I was thinking we could just stay up all night if you want." Marie says softly as she pulls back her thin robe, revealing the sexy lingerie just barely covering her body.
"Look, hun, I'm sorry but I am exhausted and soaking wet. I have to go back into work at 5 so I don't really think that is a good idea." Josh quickly gets dressed with his back to Marie.
Marie gets off of the bed and wraps herself around him, feeling him all over. "Is it really that important that you can't even be a little late?" She speaks low and runs her hand over his pelvis. He grabs her wrists and spins around to face her.
"Yes, Marie. It is very important. Have you not been watching the news? That murderer is still on the loose. He killed two women just tonight alone. If we don't find him soon then who knows what will happen!" Marie just looks at him with frustration before wrenching her hands away and climbing into bed without another word.
The night is long, just like most other nights. Marie lies awake for a while as Josh snores beside her until she can finally drift off and sleep.