Let Me Go♡

Done with my fate
Disappointed with myself.
Want to open a gate
And jump from the top shelf.

When my body feels warm
From the blood that had escaped.
People might crowd in a swarm,
My history will be scraped.

My limbs will all freeze
And my eyes won't close,
My hair moves with the breeze.
This is the end I chose.

My thoughts wander as I stood static on the rooftop railing of a tall building. Just one lean forward and I'll finally meet the fate I've been yearning for the longest time I can recollect. I take a long, deep breathe as I close my eyes for this is the last time I can inhale the cologne of the atmosphere around me. Soon later, my body started leaning forward.

"This is it."
I said to myself. But as annoying as it can be, I was interrupted by a strong hand holding my wrist, pulling me back. Seconds later, my feet were no longer on the railing but were in the air while my whole body was embraced by the same person.

"Let me go."
I pleaded.

"Think about what you're doing. You will never be able to turn back time"
The person said, with a deep manly voice. He then put me down a few feets away from the edge, and himself walked to a rack of tires which I assumed was going to be his seat. Taking this as an opportunity, I ran towards the railing, attempting to get on it quickly but as I feared, he came back. This time holding me harder.

"Listen kid, I don't get why you're so focussed on dying but this is just naive and lame. There are so many other ways to make your life better and solving your problems"
He yelled.

"Stop being so stubborn. You don't even know me or my problems!"
I yelled back. Shaking my legs in the air in order to get free of his catch.

"Then tell me your issues"
He spoke again but this time it was a calm tone. He also let me down, walked back to that rack of tires, separating half the quantity of tires and sitting on one of the halves.

Am I supposed to sit there? I whisper to myself as I watched him take out a cigarette and light it . I rolled my eyes in annoyance, walked closer to him and shook the cigar out of his hand.

"What the--"
He said, looking at the cigar lying down on the floor lifelessly.

"You're also wanting to die in a way you know?"
I said as I took out a lollipop from my pocket, which I remember buying on the way to my home after work, and offered it to him.

"Don't ask me why I randomly have a lollipop with me. I always have one with me so I relish on one every day. I owe you something for saving my life... without my consent of course"
He let out a small chuckle to my respond and took the lollipop from my hand.

"You're one weird kid"
To that, I nodded in agreement as I took a seat on that dirty rack of tires.

"What's your name?"
I asked.

"Why? Want to sue me for not letting you die or something?"
He teased, and I just gave him a resting bitch face

"Nevermind then."
I looked away, expressionless.

"Yoongi"
He said.

"Huh?"

"Min Yoongi, it's my name"

"Oh, okay"
Cue awkward silence.

"You're supposed to introduce yourself, you know."

"Huh? Uhh.. oh-- yeah. It's Y/n"
Great, now I'm stuttering even! No wonder I was an outcast at school.