Catching up with the Gavins

Kristoph's point of view.

I'm sitting in the back office filing paperwork while Trucy does her math homework. Phoenix and Klavier are out on the floor doing their scheduled appointments as per usual. However, Apollo is no where to be seen. Usually my brother-in-law leaves a note if he has plans or has to run an errand. However, I have bigger concerns right now, like making sure our paperwork is in order and that our bills are paid correctly. It's not a fun time when your baby brother sends the wrong company a bill payment. That is one experience I never want to encounter again in my life, that is why I pay the bills and take care of the finances. I'm about three-quarters if the way done when there's a knock on the desk. I look up from my paperwork, eyes meeting Trucy's, as I push my glasses up.

"What is it dear?" I ask her, knowing she probably wants help with her math assignment. Mathematics and economics are her worse subjects of them all, she usually comes home with 3s on her score card at the end of the semesters while everything else is in the 1s. Phoenix and I check her assignments monthly to make sure she's not slacking on school, so we've noticed the pattern. I move some files over so she can see both her book and her notebook on my desk. As I assumed, it was math.

"You do the finances don't you papa?" I nod at her and she gets back to explaining."Well we're talking about arithmetic and algorithmic sequences, and most of the questions revolve around interest and banking. Since you do the finances at home I though you could help me." I slide my rolling chair over so she can stand next to me.

"Okay, Let's see what we're dealing with." Trucy shows me her assignment and I look it over. She wasn't lying when she said there was a lot of banking problems. After about 45 minutes I leave Trucy to her homework and head out to main salon. I take a glance to see Klavier curling a woman's hair, Phoenix is painting someone's nails, and Apollo is still nowhere to be found.

"Has anyone seen Justice? He's been gone for a while now." Klavier is the first to answer.

"Ach, nein, I haven't Kristoph. All he told me was that he had to make a quick stop somewhere after he left his college courses. But those ended a couple hours ago, ja?" Klavier shakes his head at me while continuing to curl the woman's hair. "He'll be back soon. I know of it. I'll be the first to tell you when I see him."

I nod at my brother and walk over to Wright. Who's currently filing a mans nails so he can get gel extensions. I may be the master of painting and designing nails, but Phoenix is the master at working with the gel and acrylic ones. I study his gentleness while still being rough enough to round the edges. I walk up to the front desk where the cash register is and check my appointment log. I keep a copy of it up front for people to make appointments, and on my person so I can check when I have someone coming in.
Unlike Klavier, you have to schedule appointments for me to do your nails, considering I do much more behind the scenes actions, and I prefer to work on my own schedule than on others. I look at my book and notice I have a 3:45pm appointment with one of our regulars. Her name is Lamiroir, she's been coming here for years now, she always comes on the 14th of each month and gets the exact same procedure:
Mani-Pedi, melting wax, and her nails painted and designed. It's a rather expensive procedure but she pays for it all. Klavier introduced her to us when she had a stressful day and needed to prep for an event coming up. Klavier styled her hair that day and when she asked about her nails he called me out of my office. I did a simple manicure and painted her nails, she was amazed and became a regular.

Just as I was setting up my station Apollo walks in, he's a bit disheveled, bruised, and holding a bag. He walks to the offices to presumably clean up a bit. After a solid 15 minutes he walks back out, looking slightly better, minus the bruises on his arms and face. I'll talk to him later, the bag he was holding is no longer with him. I can assume he got something got Trucy since she was busy with homework. He finishes some final tasks just as Lamiroir walks in, knowing her already he looks to see if I'm ready. I nod and he leads Lamrior back to me. I shoot Apollo a glare meaning we'd speak later about this. He walks off to attend to anyone who had walked in.