Home's Not Home

Picture above is what I imagined the reader looks like, you can change the colors

This is because both my friend Maio225 and I keep freaking out over pot uh-

"Pot? Seriously, let's go back." You looked around. "I have a bad feeling about this place. Where even are you?"

"I'm over here."

You screamed in shock as you were lifted up. "Goddammit, Hope!"

The whitet grinned, putting you down. "You're going to be a Hope at some point, too, [Name]"

"Doesn't mean I can't call you that." You poked his forehead and pushed him backwards.

"Hey!"

You laughed. "Come on, Pot, let's go back. There better not be any pitfalls, though."

"I swear, there aren't." He slung his arm over your shoulders.

"Alright."

The two of you began walking back.

"You should battle more often, though."

"I told you, I don't usually have the time."

"Aw, come on, please?"

You smiled, pushing him away. "Shut up." You screamed again as you fell into a hole.

"Are you okay?" Pot asked, looking over the edge of the hole.

"You told me there weren't any pitfalls!"

"I didn't make this one!" he insisted.

You sighed. "Oh well. Help me out of here."

Pot reached down to grab your hand only to realize that you were gradually getting further away. "[Name]?"

You looked down to see that you were sinking through a weird blue circle and started panicking. "Pot, help me!"

"I can't reach you!"

You tried to pull yourself out of the portal by clinging to the wall, but it was too smooth. In a last ditch attempt, you pushed against the ground.

Pot jumped down to try and pull you out, but nothing worked.

"Pot, let go."

"No!"

"Please, I'll find a way to come back. I promise." You smiled at him. "I'll be alright."

"I'm not going to let you go!" He kept trying to pull you out.

"Pot." You grabbed his wrist. "I love you, alright? But you have to let me go."

"I can't. I won't let you go."

You sighed. "I'm sorry." You pulled him down and kissed him before pressing your thumb into a pressure point, making him let go of your arm.

"[Name]!"

The portal closed up, returning to the way it was before.

•~•~•~•~•

How long had it been?

You stared at your notebook before adding another mark.

128 marks.

You'd been away from home for four months.

Well, at least, what you called home. This world was the same but different. Familiar but foreign.

"Ow!" You fell to the ground. Looking up, you saw the blue on the tree disappearing. "No no no no no!"