Serve It Cold

She was running on the cornfields, panting she's near to loosing her breath and she's about to pass out when the strong built man with huge hands grabbed her neck and dragged her back to the mansion. When they arrived she saw her mother hanging upside down  on a chain tied to their chandelier, her blood was dripping to the floor and her father and John were on the floor lying directly above their bloody mom.

4 hours earlier. The whole family was already in the middle of their supper. They had a lot on the table for dinner.
Amelia- the oldest among the 4 children of Roland and Emily, was the first to finish eating and she proceeds to the living room to finish her homework. James and Brian-the twins, were laughing and playing with their vegetable leftovers. "This broccoli looks like a curly hair", James said to Brian. John was helping their mother to bring the dishes to the kitchen for his mother was about to wash them. The family was peaceful and happy. They were one of the richest families in the province, they seem to have everything man can ask for. They own a big mansion and far beside that was a 3 hectar-cornfield owned and managed by the family. The cornfield was the place were Amelia and her best friend Edward- the nephew of their close family friend Luciana, plays during daytime, when they are together there are no dull moments. Amelia and Edward both like each other although they never tell each other that they do it is still apparent to the way they care for each other.

Everything was peaceful that night when there is a sudden sound of glass breaking which seemed that it was coming from the windows near the front door."What was that honey?" - Emily asked, "I'll check it", Roland replied. When Roland checks the cause of the noise he saw 5 huge men, armed and moving directly towards him. He doesn't know what to do,"Emily go run, hide, bring the children away, fast!", Roland shouted in panic and fear. Amelia heard what his father shouted  and tried to run as fast as she could to her mother but as she arrived to the door of the living room there were already two men. She quickly locked the door and pushed the tables and chairs to hinder  the intruders to enter the room. Her mother quickly grabbed James and John grabbed Brian because they can't run because they were crying. "John hold Brian tight and follow me to the Havoc (the secret term they use to describe the family's secret room, a place where they can hide incase of emergency) ", Emily said to John. "Mom how about Amelia?", he replied. "She already knows the way!" Emily said. "Amelia! To havoc now!", she shouted from the second floor to the living room while she was psuhing chairs to the stairs to block the way.

Amelia then runs to the wall of the living room towards a cabinet and pushe it sidewards revealing a hidden pathway towards havoc and closed it swiftly and silently. The two men on the living room door managed to break the door and tried to search for Amelia but failed. She then arrived to the havoc where her mom and siblings are waiting.  They were shaking and were so afraid and they don't know what happened to their father. The twins were hugging each other so tight and Brian was kissing James's forhead to calm him down because James is asthmatic and easily panics. Amelia then hugged her mother while she was asking for her dad. "Where's father?", "He's still downstairs and I don't know how he is", her mother replied.

Ronald was trapped in a room downstairs where he hides his guns. The three men were trying to get to him and tries to break the doors luckily it was strongly built, but Roland has nowhere to go, either he'll be caught or fight. So he loaded his shotguns and grabbed himself a bulletproof vest.

Emily was about to call the authority but their land-line was cut. It seemed like someone has tactically planned everything. " I can't call, the land-line was cut!", Emily whispered to John and Amelia. James and Brian can't stop crying and Emily's afraid that if they won't stop the intruders might find out where they are hiding although havoc is a big room and has thick walls. They have almost everything they need in that room.