Intoduction

A/N: Hiya there, this is the author! This is my first serious attempt at writing, and though updates might be slow, I am going to try to make this book good! This is a bakuhoe x reader, slow burn styleeee.

- - - - - - - - - -

(Y/N)'s POV

- - - - - - - - - -

You opened your eyes slowly, the low beeping of a monitor accompanied by a migraine and blurriness in your vision was enough to close your eyes as soon as you opened them. A low groan came from your clenched teeth as you slowly raised a hand to your aching head, rubbing away a layer of cold sweat. Pain slowly took over your body as the sting of a few inches or two deep, stitched wounds littered over your torso. Your mind was fuzzy and you were only able to snap out of it when the opening of a door to your left sounded with the clicking of some heels.

Your eyes opened, barely able to see without your glasses, seeing a blurred person leaning over. You could barely hear her voice, her words making no sense as you slumped into the stiff bed, a ringing in your ears causing you to wince. A few people entered the room you couldn't understand, and eventually a wave of tiredness hit you like a train, and you slowly slump more into the bed, your muscles loosening at your eyelids felt heavy. Clamping your eyes shut tighter, the ringing in your ears softening as sleep crept around you, you relaxed and went to sleep.

- - - - - - - - - -

3rd person POV

- - - - - - - - - -

Your busy work colleagues were worried, especially the younger black haired 26 year old, your best friend, Mio. After the incident at the mall, you weren't heard from by the staff around the office. Supposedly you had protected someone and were attacked in the process. Mio couldn't help but want to scold you when you came back, after all, you shouldn't have tried to help. With your recent injuries, you could barely stand without some form of discomfort from your side. Your name was (Y/N) (L/N), a retired pro hero with a strict rule when it came to the knowledge of her quirk.

It took Mio several years herself to break down your boundaries and find out your quirk and you hadn't even told her of your dark past. Right now, all Mio could wonder about is how you wouldn't have sustained bad injuries on two different occasions if you hadn't retired years back, and what made you do so. She was deep in thought when a hand waved in front of her face, her coworker Kigali. "Yoohoo Aimoto-sama, line 7 is awaiting." His smile radiated as he hopped backwards and went back to his cubicle.

Mio's eyes lit up, and she wasted no time to pick up her phone. The call was from the hospital you were at on request of visitation from (Y/N), who had no phone at that moment. She quickly scheduled a appointment after work despite knowing she'd be worn out. You really meant something to her, so much, so she wouldn't miss out on seeing you. She set down her phone, her thoughts going back to her paperwork and computer, her fingers picking up her pen and returning to what she was doing.

- - - - - - - - - -

Mio's POV

- - - - - - - - - -

I sped out of work as fast as my legs could take me, almost tripping and falling when my heel bent to the side momentarily. I hopped into the car as soon as I unlocked the door and turned on the engine calmly, breathing in the fresh minty air produced from a filter. I looked at the darkening sky and the cars racing from and slowly backed out, cautious of customers and coworkers. I started my drive towards the hospital immediately, my thoughts going ill on what couldv'e happened to (Y/N) from her to be gone for so long.

My train of thought abruptly stopped when I saw a few familiar shining letters and paid attention to the road. I drove into the car garage near and pulled into a spot, quickly getting out and running to the front. I quickly chatted with a nurse and then rushed off to (Y/N)'s room, nearly bumping into people as I ran quickly. I knocked on the door and heard a low and high-pitched "come in" and slowly opened the door.

My face must've turned into a 'o' as I screeched "Y/N, why do you look so young?!"

Her face slowly turned to confusion as she slowly took in the information and looked at her hands, a small confused smile appearing "What the hell?" Her hands slowly went to her hair, grabbing a strand and freaking out as it was now (shorter/longer) than before. She gawked and looked back at me, her face twisting up before she opened her mouth.

- - - - - - - - - -

(Y/N)'s POV

- - - - - - - - - -

I practically gawked as I turned to Mio, my face twisting as I was stuck in thought for a moment before letting out a slow breath, looking up and calming my tired looking features. "I really need a fucking cigarette." I grabbed my forehead with my hand and shook it, hearing Mio snort loudly, causing me to sourly chuckle through clenched, pained teeth. I looked up, almost crying "Please, I actually need a cigarette. I'm dying in here."

Mio's face went to normal, her mouth opening slowly as she said "Ohhhh" with that all too familiar "that wont happen" face she often has on the phone with loud and rude customers. You let out a low whine, shaking your head and then looking up. "Mio, pleaseee." You had puppy dog eyes when you said this, shimmering with brimmed water from before. Mio sighed and walked over, pulling out a caramel and plopping down on the chair near her.

You let out a groan and took it, opening it quickly and shoving it in your mouth, staring at Mio in utter annoyance as you bit onto the hard caramel, grinding your teeth against the hard candy. Mio sighed and slowly sat back, thinking for a moment before speaking. "So, you got hit with a age rewinding quirk I suppose? Your pretty wounded too, what's up with that?" Her eyes went down in silence, awaiting an answer.

You muffled out a short "mhm" as you sat up more, turning to her, clearing your throat and pushing the caramel to the side of your mouth and speaking. "I suppose the injuries came from the criminal and my past when I was in a hero course, a long time ago, I got scratched up all the time." Mio's eyes lit up, immediately opening her mouth to speak, but your interrupted her before she did "I went to Yuuei. Before I became a pro hero and got out of the profession."

Mio silently thought and then a evil smirk covered her face and you gave her a "oh no" look as she spoke quickly. "What if you went back to Yuuei?" You blinked and laughed loudly, shaking your head "That probably isn't even possibly Mio. I've graduated before, and let alone, why would I want to?" Mio smiled and seemed giddy, speaking fast. "You could earn back your license and be a hero again!"

Pain riddled through your body at memories flooding back in your body and you said lowly "I retired for a reason, Mio, I don't want to do it again."

"Oh, please, (Y/N), it'd be so coooool!" Mio begged, her eyes lit up, wanting to see her friend have a good time. Mio was clueless and innocent to what you had experienced years back, but her begging was doing a number on you. You grumbled out lowly "Maybe... I still highly doubt that could happen though. Anyways, I need some rest before the doctors bombard me with more words then they already have." You waved her out lightly, weakly almost.

Mio stood up and smiled, taking out some caramels and setting them down. You laid back, humming lightly with a low sigh before closing your eyes and crunching on the weakened caramel. Mio walked out, heels clicking lowly as she opened the door and walked out. A low sigh escaped your lips as you sank down, closing your eyes and slowly falling back into slumber as you slept uneasily after remembering your family earlier.