Tea Party

Deep in the woods in a grassy clearing, three figures sat hunched over a child's tea set. Their forms were illuminated by the cool gaze of the moon and the warm glow of a small, plastic lamp set between them.

It was a beautiful night. Soft breeze, clear skies, and most importantly of all: fabulous company.

The Hatter was in marvelously good spirits. His cherry-red lips parted in dainty laughter as he traced the intricate patterns on the surface of the lamp, nodding along to Rabbit's hilarious anecdote. Something about a time he'd once angered a hornet's nest.

Rabbit himself was looking handsome as always. Despite his muddied feet, the rest of his coat was brilliantly white and combed to perfection. He toyed with the opening to yet another chocolate bar, his clumsy paws making it difficult to tear the packaging. Silly Rabbit! If he ate any more of those he'd become rather plump!

Cat was there too, although you wouldn't know if you listened. His tail lay curled around him as he poured out the tea to his friends, lending a casual ear to their stories. Steam wafted up from the tantalizing broth. Cat was never one to make much of a scene, he was quite reserved.

Everything was perfect. Everything from the food to the sweet-lemon tea to the beautiful, moonlit scenery. Perfect.

Everything except Alice.