one

Vivian's pov

"This is a four bedroom with the masters downstairs." Some random lady told me as we walked into my new home, "The lady that lived here last really loved her privacy, soundproof walls and everything in the master suite."

"All the furnishings are for you to keep, there is nothing downstairs yet though. Each bedroom looks similar so don't get confused. A security system runs through the whole place, it's quite easy to figure out though. You'll get the hang of it." She laughed as she handed me the key.

"Alice told me they're covering it, she talked to you right?" I quietly asked and she nodded. "Of course, just take care of the place, they are paying quite a bit for this."

She left and I set my bags down. This was not me at all.

It was a penthouse on the top of a skyscraper in the middle of the city

It was a penthouse on the top of a skyscraper in the middle of the city. It was the perfect location but just way too fancy for me.

I explored each room and then made my way downstairs. I was amazed that Alice got this for me. I got a message that the movers were on their way tomorrow and I set my suitcases in what will be my new room.

I looked around the suite and found a walk in closet. This was huge! There was also a large living area outside of my room so I could pretty much just live down here.

It was already starting to get dark so I sat on the empty wood floor in my new bedroom and stared out the windows.

I ended up falling asleep on the cold floor and woke up in the middle of the night and immediately thought of him. I tried to make this all his fault but I knew he didn't want to break me in the first place and still he did, he finally broke me.

I walked over to my suitcase and opened it up. There has to be a blanket in here somewhere. I pulled out a few hoodies and slipped one on out of habit. It smelled just like him still.

I folded one up and laid on it as my pillow. I wasn't uncomfortable on the floor but yet I still couldn't sleep. This time last week I was on FaceTime with him talking about how excited I was for him to come back.

I wish I didn't get so attached, I wish I knew why he really left me. I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep but I just thought of all our best times together.

I thought about the first night I looked into his beautiful blue eyes. He was so nice to me, even after I scared him half to death. I was so happy, god he made me so happy.

As I opened my eyes and looked out the windows I saw Los Angeles, I didn't see New York. I saw him and all the nights we sat out on my balcony eating watermelon and strawberries.

I saw all the times he snuck out just to spend the night with me on his chest. All the times I looked into his eyes and thought this was going to last forever.

I hate that he's not by my side and I hate that I didn't beg him to stay. I should have taken more days off, I should have spent more time with him.

I looked around the dark empty room and saw a stadium. I saw him on stage singing his heart out to thousands of people that adore him.

He'll be fine without me.