Chapter One - Queen of Mean

Blue orbs glimmered as they stared out the limousine window watching the Parisian life. The blonde they belonged to smiled sadly as her best friends giggled at their newest scheme against Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Syrena could have stopped Chloé and Sabrina, but she had a vendetta of her own against the sweet girl. She didn't hate her for it, but she wouldn't be all buddy-buddy with her rival for Adrien's heart.

Syrena glared as she saw Marinette and Alya walking to school together. Today was the big day. Marinette was confessing to Adrien, but Syrena thought it was only her love.

The other day, Ladybug and Chat Noir had defeated Hawkmoth and revealed him as none other than Adrien's father, Gabriel Agreste, along with Chat unveiling his identity relieving the blue-eyed girl of her love triangle. She had been smitten with the cat hero just as she was with Adrien so them being the same person was the most beautiful new Syrena was ever given.

Finally pulling up to the school behind Adrien's limo, Syrena rushed out to greet her best friend. It's his choice, Syrena. She thought as Marinette was only about 10 feet away.

"Adrien, I have something to tell you." The blonde said gaining the model's attention.

"Wait! Adrien!" Marinette yelled, barging into the conversation. "Before she says anything, you need to know that I've been absolutely in love with you for as long as I can remember. You should also know that I'm Ladybug."

Adrien looked as shocked as everyone else but quickly recovered as he pulled the pigtailed girl into a passionate kiss. The blonde gasped and backed away from the scene. Chloé attempted to comfort her and stop Syrena from running off but inevitably failed. The surrounding students cheered as they pulled apart and Adrien turned to face where his best friend had stood not long ago to find the space vacant. Confused, Adrien looked around, attempting to spot the blonde. Seeing that Syrena had disappeared, Adrien shrugged his shoulders and ensued laughing with the other students surrounding him.

"I'm so tired of pretending..." Syrena muttered to herself. "Where's my happy ending?"

"I followed all the rules. I drew inside the lines. I never asked for anything that wasn't mine. I waited patiently for my time, but when it finally came, he called her name. And now I feel this overwhelming pain; I mean it's in my veins; I mean it's in my brain. My thoughts are running in a circle like a toy train. I'm kind of like a perfect picture with a broken frame. I know exactly who to blame!

"I never thought of myself as mean. I always felt that I'd be the queen and there's no in-between because if I can't have that, then I will be the leader of the dark and the bad. Now there's a devil on my shoulder where the angels used to be, and he's calling me the queen.

"Being nice was my pastime, but I've been hurt for the last time, and I won't ever let another person take advantage of me. The anger burns my skin, third-degree. Now my blood's boiling hotter than a fiery sea; There's nobody getting close to me. They're going to bow to the Evil Queen; Your nightmare's my dream. Just wait until they fall to my wicked schemes!

"I never thought of myself as mean. I always thought that I'd be the queen and there's no in-between 'cause if I can't have that, then I will be the leader of the dark and the bad. Now there's a devil on my shoulder where the angels used to be, and he's calling me the Queen of Mean! The Queen of Mean! The Queen of Mean!"

Meanwhile, Syrena glared at an Akuma that fluttered toward her trident necklace charm. The necklace was given to her by her father, who was wrongfully imprisoned for murder and died in an awful place. Her glare was broken by the sorrow that leaked from her eyes in a liquid form and tore through her throat in the way of a sob. She hadn't thought that heartbreak was this terrible; never thought she would experience it. Syrena was confident in her ability to woo Adrien Agreste. But now? Her heartfelt as though it were in pieces. As her attention wavered to the pain in her chest, the akuma closed in and landed on the pendant, dissolving into it. Syrena's head snapped upward as an outline seeming to represent a butterfly glowed in front of her eyes.

"Something is pulling me; It's so magnetic. My body is moving, unsure where I'm headed. All of my senses have left me defenseless. This darkness around me is promising vengeance. The price that I'm willing to pay is expensive. There's nothing to lose when you're lonely and friendless, so my only interest is showing this princess that I am the queen, and my reign will be endless!"

"Syrena, Syrena. Whatever shall I call you now?" Hawkmoth mocked in her head with a familiar voice. The blonde knew the higher pitch but couldn't think clearly with all of this anger. She continued her singing, clenching her fist and standing with purpose.

"I want what I deserve; I want to rule the world. Sit back and watch them learn. It's finally my turn!"

"Call me the Queen of Mean and hand over my powers!" She cried out, gripping her necklace charm as she was engulfed in black and purple smoke. When it disappeared, a crown sat atop her now navy hair. Her irises had turned white surrounded by baby blue, and her clothing and makeup were now shades of navy and baby blue as well. Akumatized Syrena's left hand sparked with bright blue lightning bolts and in her right was a wooden staff with a glowing emerald at the top. A malicious grin spread across her face reaching her eyes.

"Time for chaos to ensue," the Queen of Mean soliloquized, then began singing.

"If they want a villain for a queen, I'm gonna be one like they've never seen. I'll show them what it means. Now that I am that, I will be the ruler of the dark and the bad 'cause the devil's on my shoulder where the angels used to be, and he's calling me the Queen of Mean! The Queen of Mean!"

"I want what I deserve!"

"Bring me Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculous, and you'll get the boy you want, Queen of Mean!" Hawkmoth sneered to the smirking villain.