Beginning

A girl plodded heavily along pavement in winter shivering with cold, nowhere to go, she stumbled along desperate to find some shelter. Her teeth stutter with cold, her body shivers from the chills and felt frozenly-cold. After awhile, she stumbled and fell on the lane. Her head feel woozy from the cold, hunger and fear. Before she faints into deep slumber, a silhouette appears from nowhere looking at her with black-piercing eyes that no knife can match its sharpness. This is the beginning of new life to her.

Ray of moonlight floods throughout the room makes her regains her consciousness. She immediately sits bewildered at the different surroundings unfamiliar and solemn.

"Where am I? Don't say that I had died?" she mumbles frighteningly.

"Of course, not! You're heavy as you could be. How can you die like that? I'll certainly glad if you are." A sharp sneering voices floats in the room making her jump out of her skin. Her eyes roam around the room searching for the talker and find a boy - no actually a man sitting on the chair in a corner obviously staring at her.

She immediately jumps off the bed and intends to head tothe door when dizziness overcome her and will fell down on the floor if he is not there to catch her. Wonder how he can reach her in the short time. He then, lays her back on the bed.

"What-"

"Don't bother to talk. Just take a rest. You'll be alright tomorrow." He crossed the room in a stride and closes the door behind him after exiting the room. She then stare at the dark ceiling, trying to get some sleep. Despite that, she find it difficult to sleep as the dark lord image floats in her mind. With piercing eyes and cold attitude, he surely looks like the dark lord - hopefully not vampire or she will faint again.

The dark lord - or - whatever he is called flopped on cushion downstairs looking extremely tired but nothing can cloud his shiny black eyes as dark as night.

****

She hop off the bed as sunlight blaze through the room. She wash her face in the newly-discovered toilet in the corner and proceed to open the door as silent as she could.

'I never guess this house is big. He must be rich yet living alone, I think. What a waste.' She walk down stairs slowly to the living room and find him sleeping on the cushion obviously sleeping soundly.

'Aah, What a bother. I'm hungry. Is there any food lying around?' she mumbled again and search for kitchen to fill her rumbling stomach, making as little sound as possible to avoid disturbing his sleep.

Luckily, she found some bread and jam on the table and munch it silently. She then rummage around in the cabinets looking for something to fix a drink which turn in vain. Feeling exhausted, she grab a glass and fill with tap water to quench her thirst and clean all the mess she had made. The whole house is draped in silence and quietness which fill her in comfortness. The man still sleep soundly and she can't decide whether to wake him or leave him alone.

She choose the latter and strode back upstairs to her room and walk to the balcony in her room, sliding the door silently and carefully. To her amaze, the house seem to be completely isolated, situated on a hill while surrounded by green trees as far as she can see.

"I'm not kidnapped am I? Well, nothing can be gained from it anyway." she grinned at the thought and lay down on her back breathing the fresh forest breeze, absorbing in the greeneries, forgetting everything. The day pass by with no sign of his awakening so she find it quite a bored and closed her eyes. Before long, she drifted into sleep feeling to the breeze now and then.