A Big Mess

Alex Rider woke with a groan. It was 4 in the morning- he had only gotten 3 hours of sleep.. again. Plus, his newest bullet wound hurt like all hell. With his last mission just a week ago, he couldn't believe MI6 was making him go back to school. And they even had the nerve to tell him to act normal! He had just gotten shot and knifed countless times by angry Russian billionaires, what was he supposed to do? I don't know, maybe recover? Even Eagle wasn't crazy enough to go out with a fresh bullet wound, and that was saying quite a bit, now that he knew all of them a bit better. Though Jack had.. gone, Alex was more than pleased when K-Unit had offered to be Alex's legal guardian until he was old enough to be on his own.

He got out of his sleeping clothes and took a shower, then changed into his school uniform and trudged downstairs. Lord, he hated Mondays. Even more, he hated waking up to the smell of... what was that, burning paper? What on God's green Earth were those men doing?

"Guys, what the hell is going on down here" Alex said, exasperated, trodding down the steps as quickly as his feet allowed.

"Well," Wolf said, "Eagle decided to make use of the fire place and-" Alex cut him off.

"What? That thing hasn't been used in years," Alex exclaimed, thinking of all the mold and soot that must be lingering around them at that exact moment.

"I know, and we tried to talk him out of it, I swear, but... I..."

"What, Wolf!"

"He used your mission report as kindling."

...

...

"Eagle."

No response, as usual.

"EAGLE. Get your sorry ARSE in here RIGHT NOW."

"Can't!" Came a cheerful voice from the direction of the kitchen. "Makin' breakfast!"

"Jesus," Alex moaned, "Those were due yesterday! Blunt will kill me if I don't have those in by the end of the day!" Alex groaned and, upon comparing a few ideas, said, "Well, I could always do em' at school, but that's a pretty bad idea considering the civilians," He grumbled, contradicting himself over and over until he came to a conclusion. He would do them at school; no one would bother him; they avoided him for being the 'druggie' anyways, the infuriating bastards. All would be fine; back to normal.

"Breakfast!" Came another voice from the kitchen, this time Snake's. All of the unit members dropped what they were doing and rushed to get a seat at the counter. Eagle couldn't use his brain, but damn could he cook.

_______

_______

Sorry if that's a bit short, but I'll hopefully update later tonight or tomorrow if I can. As I said before, this is my first story on Wattpad and on God I will finish it! Would love some comments or constructive criticism, been thinking my writing style is too short. Have a good day/night, everyone!

-Autumn