1.The castle

"You will be alright dear, Mother will be here and make sure you're safe-!" Said the woman, who was struggling to make out her words while being shoved by other tall weeping figures. She reached her hand towards her little child who stood in tears as she watched her mother get trampled on by everyone. "Victoria!" The woman's soon screams became distant and hard to hear. The child tried to reach back to her parent but knew it would be useless. She knew she had to go.

"Victoria?" A voice called. The little girl turned around and looked up to see a lady giving her a gentle smile although you could see the worried look in her eyes. She held out her hand gesturing for Victoria to hold it and she did – hesitant at first but she had no choice so she held onto the woman's hand tight.

As the two turned away from the crowd, they faced an entirely different scene. Behind them was almost war-like, a herd of a thousand men and women throwing their arms everywhere, injuring each other trying to get past the soldiers who aimed their guns towards them, threatening them to keep quiet although their bellowing only got worse. But in front them was an incredibly long staircase leading to a castle. A very big castle which had been built hundreds of years ago and is still used, not by kings or queens but by the councils and government of our city however no one knows what for.

The walls of the castle were made of stones, layered on top of each other with moss and vines decorating it. Half of the location had crumbled and is now only left in ruins but there was one tower which stood tall and new as it was the only place taken well care of. But why?

Victoria was not the only child who was being forced away from her mother. Thousands and thousands of young children were pulled and shoved up the staircase, some with guns pointing to their heads, others being escorted, and others dragging themselves alone in tears. Every one of them were lost and terrified. The lady with dear Victoria was supposed to be escorting her to the castle. She didn't know a thing about what was going on. In fact, she didn't even know where she was, or what she was doing, or why she found herself in this-

"Anne, wake up! You're late for school- Oh dear, Anne!"

A/N:
Well first of all thank you so much for reading the first chapter of this book!
The story is actually inspired by my own dreams I've been having and I just couldn't help but write about it XD

Sorry if you think it's bad - please comment if you think I've made any sort of mistakes because I haven't edited it and I wrote this at 12am (the chapter is pretty short too- I'll write a longer one next chapter)😂
Anyway thank you again xx
Please wait for the next chapter!!💜🙏