thirty two

+

+

"Before we reach the battle, we need to come up with some sort of plan." Said Katsu as he kicked off a branch, deciding he could just take charge, and totally disregard the fact I was team leader.

I rolled my eyes, resisting the urge to groan out loud at the prospect. "A plan? Seriously?"

"Yes, a plan. We're about to fight a jinchuriki. Do you actually think it's a good idea to run in there willy nilly, without an ounce of direction, or idea what we're supposed to do?" He shot me a glare, and I felt my eyes narrow at the patronizing tone he'd favored. "That's a sure way to get ourselves killed."

"While Katsu-kun does have a point," Added Ryuu. "We don't got a clue about what's really going on up there. Besides the fact Sasuke-kun is there... and fighting Gaara, who's undergone a partial jinchuriki transformation and going psycho crazy. We don't got enough info to make a plan."

"We should at least have a basic outline." Argued Katsu, not liking the points being made against him. "Did you not hear what I said to Ko-chan? We can't run in there without a single clue what to do. We'll be dead—"

"Fine. If we make a plan. I make the plan." I pursed my lips and stared ahead in thought, before nodding my chin in Katsu's direction. "You're going to hang back as a reinforcement. Or as a surprise attack if needed. You've got a big brain, and I'm sure you won't have a problem gauging for when you should pounce and beat the ever living shit out of someone. Ryuu's main goal will be to stick his chakra stopping seal on Gaara. That should keep the tailed beast contained, right?"

Ryuu gave me a firm nod, not seeing a problem with my plan. "Yes, ma'am!"

I thought that was gonna be the end of it. Especially since I was getting really tired of wasting brain power crafting shitty plans that were probably gonna get changed up as soon as we put them into action.

That was... until Katsu gave me a weird look and shook his head. "Hold on. Why is Ryuu-kun the one using the chakra seal? And what are you going to be doing?"

I gave him a look. "I thought that would have been pretty obvious since you're supposed to be the smart one in our squad."

Katsu curled his lip in irritation, but I paid him no mind, even if I did feel a teensy bit of satisfaction for successfully pushing his buttons.

"It's simple really." I held my hand up and closed my eyes, smirking at the annoyance radiating from him. "Ryuu-kun is not only the creator of those seals, but if something goes wrong, he can use another one since he has multiple on him already. He's also the smallest one out of all three of us, making him the fastest, and less noticeable. Compared to you or me, who are total fucking monsters in size. Get it?"

Katsu squinted. "Okay. But what about you."

"Hmph." My smirk widened. "I'm going to be doing what I do best. Kicking ass."