Gallian's Revenge

Prologue

“Sir, what are your orders?” I looked back down at the map in front of me. Gallian’s army had us surrounded.

“If we can get through the front lines and drive a division right through here where it’s weakest, we should be able to surround them. Get the men ready.”

The man nodded and left the tent. I rubbed the stubble on my chin and looked back down at the map. This has to work. If it doesn’t we’re done for. The soldiers are tiring and we are running out of supplies. We needed to win this battle; it will most likely be our last. I pushed myself up from the chair and strode towards the front of the tent.

I ducked through and couldn’t help the feeling of pride I got when I looked on my army. They were some of the most amazing men I had ever had the pleasure of working with. Everyone was fighting for something, family, friends, or freedom. They were all hard working and great in battle. I watched for a moment as they quickly readied for battle.

As they finished they began to get in formation. I explained the plan, how we would attack the weakest spot and double back on them.

“Forward!” I yelled loudly. A cheer rose up but died out quickly. We had a job to do and we needed to do it fast. I knew we would win.

What a fool I was.

New story! Me and Anneliese will be writing this one. please comment, vote, and fan!