One Shot

Come October... Whew, I'm just so ready for my txt babies to show out!! But in the mean time, bless my honeys June's Diary for finally feeding me.:') THEY NEW SHIT BOUT TO SLAP!! I'M READY. To all tuning into this fic, I hope y'all enjoy it.:D Feedback of any kind is very much appreciated.:)

-

"Umaaaaa."

Uma turned her head, her lips forming a smile as she shut her locker and hoisted the strap of her messenger bag up onto her shoulder. "What's up, squirt?"

Celia feels endearment behind "squirt" in the same way she does when Hui calls her "brat", smiling up at Uma. "Okay, so what if I told you that I want you to be the person I write a paper on..."

Uma raises an eyebrow. "And what exactly is this paper about?"

"About someone I admire," Celia says, beaming up at the older girl.

Uma stops herself from grinning just in time, her lips pursed but her eyes are what convey how pleased she is. "Yeah?" She smiles teasingly at the younger girl. "You sure you wanna do it over me and not the school's favorite asshole Huiliang?"

Celia giggles. While she herself was fond of Hui, others didn't share her sentiments and well, Celia couldn't blame them because Hui's cold, blunt personality made him extremely hard to get along with. "I considered asking Hui but I thought someone as cool and strong as you was the better choice."

If it weren't for the fact that there were few as genuine and sweet as Celia, Uma would think she was simply stroking her ego for the sake of a personal agenda but there's no faking the sincerity in Celia's eyes. "I see. Well, then sure, I'm cool with you writing your paper on me."

Celia grins, bouncing up and down excitedly on her front heels. "Thanks, Uma! So my teacher wants us to interview the person we admire."

"Yeah? Okay, lead the way to the place you want to interview me at."

The cake shop was Celia's first choice but then the clairvoyant decided on the ice cream parlor instead. Her father warned her that if she kept giving in to her sweet tooth that her mouth would soon be riddled with cavities. She'd brushed him off, though, believing that she's earned the right to indulge in all the sweets Auradon has to offer after being trapped on the Isle of the Lost with nothing to eat but garbage for the entirety of her life.

It was hard for Uma to decide what her favorite things about Auradon were but ice cream and coconuts was definitely high up there on her list. Licking her lips clean of the sprinkles that had stuck to her mouth while she was eating her sundae, Uma says, "So, what's your first question, squirt?"

Oh, that's right! Celia giggles to herself. Geez, she'd been so distracted by how wonderful her ice cream tasted that she'd forgotten why she and Uma were sitting here in the ice cream parlor in the first place. Sticking her spoon in her rocky road, the girl opens her notebook before grabbing a pencil, saying smilingly, "What was it like being the leader of the isle?"

Uma chuckles, crossing her arms as she leans back. "Well, looking after and being the captain of a pirate crew was great preparation for stepping up and taking the role as leader of the isle. I'm sure you can imagine how so much more difficult it was to take care of an entire island of people versus just myself and my crew. Someone had to do it, though so I gave it my best shot and think I didn't do all that bad."