Introduction

Third person-

It was a cool, autumn evening. Aziraphale was just closing up his bookshop, when he heard a knock on the door. He didn't even need to say the place was closed, or look through the window. He knew that knock.

He opened the door for his bright blue eyes to meet amber, snake-like ones. The man at the door slipped his sunglasses off, holding up a bottle of well-aged wine. He raised an eyebrow.

"Crowley-" The angel sighed. "I'm a little tired."

"Come on, angel. I'm so bloody bored, I've been waiting all day for you to shut up shop."

"Seriously? All day?"

"Yup." The demon pointed to his mint condition Bentley, now being spotlighted by a lamppost. "Some dickhead tried to give me a parking ticket." He grinned.

Aziraphale opened his mouth, then closed it again. He bit his lip a little, staring at the wine, then at Crowley.

"Oh- Alright fine!" He smiled sweetly. No matter how tired he was, he always enjoyed a visit from Crowley.

"Great!" He sauntered in, flopping down on a seat. The smaller man got two wine glasses, and filled them both up. He handed one to the demon, his fingers brushing against his cold skin for a second or two. "Cheers! To..."

"To... You not getting a parking ticket?"

"To me not getting a parking ticket!" The pair clinked their glasses before both emptying them rather quickly.

Aziraphale chuckled a little, a tint of pink tickling his already rosy cheeks.

"I think - I think we're going to need more." He stood up, walking into the back room, soon emerging again with three bottles. As he re-entered the main room, he slipped the record player needle onto the lp that had been there since this morning. Crowley smiled at the angel warmly as the familiar tune began playing.

I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things
We can do the tango just for two
I can serenade and gently play on your heart strings

There was a glint in Aziraphale's eyes as he poured two more glasses.

"Crowley?" The shorter man hummed.

"Yes, Azi?"

The angel blushed at the nickname before continuing. "Do you know how many times I've heard this song?"

"A hundred?"

"Probably more."

Be your Valentino just for you.

"I love this song. "

"It's a good song."

"You know, angel," Crowley began, taking another mouthful of wine. "I really like you." Aziraphale's face lit up.

"I-I really like you too."

"I mean, we've been friends for over... 6000 years. That's a loooong time." He was getting drunker and drunker by the second.

"Yes, that's cor- cur- right."

"We're not even supposed to be friends."

"No, we're not." He shrugged. "But we are."

"I've never really felt like this , but I really care about you, Aziraphale."

Ooh, let me feel your heartbeat grow faster, faster
Ooh, ooh, can you feel my love heat?

Aziraphale's eyes widened a little.

"And I-" The angel went to reply, but paused.

And tell me how do you feel right after all.

"You what, angel?" Crowley grabbed a bottle, ready to drain it, but was waiting for his friend to speak.

"I- I think I-" There was a sudden knock at the door. The pair jumped. "We're closed!" Aziraphale sighed, shaking his head a little. The taller man of the two was still looking expectantly at him, leaning forward. "N-nevermind, Crowley."

"Are you sure, Azi? You seem... Worried..."

"I'm fine. Absolutely spiffing. Tickety boo." He quickly stood up. "I'll get you some more wine."

Normally, Crowley would press Aziraphale more, but, Crowley was drunk, and the angel looked rather shattered himself. This time, he just shrugged it off.  By the time the other man had come back into the room, the wine the demon had been holding was gone, and the conversation from before had been forgotten. Well, by Crowley, anyways.

"Are you busy tomorrow?" The demon blurted randomly.

"Probably. W-why?"

"I really want to take you out to dinner. You always say no. We don't have anyone on us anymore, so why not?"

"C-crowley, I-" The angel swallowed. "I don't know."

"Ah, come on, angel." The demon looked slightly heart broken.

"I can't." He said sadly. Crowley seemed as if he was about to cry. He stood up, frowning a little.

"Well, you've made your feelings clear." His voice was quiet, cracking a little. "I'll show myself out."

"Crowley, I didn't mean-" He had already left. Aziraphale put his head in his hands. He sighed.

The Bentley parked down the street had now sped off, roaring loudly as it turned the corner, tyres squealing.

The angel sat there, staring into space solemnly as he swirled the alcohol in his glass.

He hoped Crowley had sobered up before driving.