The Sparks Of A Different Beginning

<I go first in the story, not sure how were gonna proceed later on>
3rd Persons's POV

"And so the traitors will be executed!" A man said atop of a stone pedestal.

A little boy ran through the crowd being jostled by the many moving bodies.

"No! Mama! Papa!" He reached the edge and forced himself past the last few people.

The couple spotted him with alarm in their eyes.

"Son! No!" The male said as the boy ran up to them. The man looked the boy in the eyes. "Kuro, we love you and we will always be with you." Kuro cried. "But you didnt do it. It's not fair."

The woman butted in. "Listen to your father. Kuro, life isnt always fair. You will have to face your fears." They pressed their heads together trying to get another moment as a family.

Kuro's father pushed him away. "You need to go, NOW!" He sniffled but listened, and as he was running away he turned to try and get one last of recognition from his parents just in time to see two executioners slam two axes onto his parents head's effectively cutting them off.

"MAMA! PAPA!" Kuro couldn't do anything but watch as his parents lifeless bodies fall without their heads onto the ground. He curled up into himself and vowed to not harm anybody from that point one or else he befalls the same fate.

5 years later

Kuro was now 12 years old and was on his way to school. He walked through town ignoring the usual whispers and glares sent his way. Ignore them, ignore them Kuro! He eye twitched and his body shook in pent up anger. He breathed in and out a couple times. All the tension left his body but the anger was still there.

He reached the school and pulled out a book about fire bending techniques just for it to be knocked out of his hands.

"Watcha readin' there cripple?" Kuro looked down. You have to play weak, dont lash out. "Nothin much really." He whispered out. His bully just scoffed and grabbed it from the floor. "What is this now, firebending techniques? You think a cripple like you could actually fire bend?" "Uh-umm maybe?" Bully and co just laughed at him. "Here maybe this book actually could help you." He just slammed on the table and Kuro flinched.

(Short time skippo here)

The final bell rang(I'm talking bout the big copper kind) and Kuro was on his way home-if you could call it that. He reached his house without any incidents, thankfully, and started training. He walked in his self proclaimed 'fire room' and sat on his mat.

The room consisted of his mat that he sat on and stone walls surrounding it. He thought about the incidents in his day getting angrier and angrier. Sweat dripped down his temple as he got angrier he also let it feul his fire bending and the room got hotter and hotter. Eventually at the peak of his madness he tempered it an cooled it down like wood turning into charcoal for later usage. The room cooled down and he was no longer sweating.

The next day also proceeded as usual except for the end of the day.

"Class! Stay here for a minute!" The teacher called to them just as they were about to leave. Aw shit nuts, what is it now. "Today we will have a special guest among us. Please come in." She gestured to the side presumably were the special guest was.

"Hello I am General Zhao, you may have heard of me." Murmers and whispers spread throughout the room, no way it could be the General Zhao. Meanwhile a certain stone faced boy was panicking in his head. Could he be here for me?! No way, I havent done anything wrong, have I

On the other side Zhao was looking through each kid evaluating them to see if they could be any fit for the army. He locked eyes with one with a blank face showing no emotion whatsoever. Hmm he might be useful, probably get a high position in the legions aswell.

Oh god he saw me! Kuro flinched away from the sudden eye contact and averted his eyes.

He seems to have a guilty conscience, fitting for a good foot soldier but not a commander. Perhaps he could find the diamond in the rough with this boy, he mused to himself. He resumed his search while also waiting for the room to quiet. "There are probably many of you wondering why I am here, some of you may have already figured it out." He paused for dramatic effect. "The army is recruiting soldiers, it does not matter if you can bend well " several of the boys looked at the one he deemed to be the best out of them all. " just if you are of able body and can fight well, then you can join and fight for your country. But if you can bend well." Again the boys looked at a particular haughty looking boy. "Then you can rise higher and reap more rewards. So who wants to join."

Many of the kids leaped up and raised their hands the highest they could. Zhao was surprised to not see the bland looking boys face among them. Well everyone has their reasons.

When the general mentioned the army and war Kuro immediately didnt want anything to do with him or his speech, but at the end when he said 'rewards' he was mildly interested. Maybe I could get redemption. But he thought about it and realized that if he were to fight in the war he would be killing parents and leaving kids orphans just like him. No I cant do that, I will never make others go through the same hell I went through. As the other kids jumped at the chance to get I to the army Kuro thought it out realized he would gain alot more personal benefits if he didn't join then if he did.

The teacher started to hand out slips the general gave her and when she reached Kuro he politely declined. I'm glad somebody didn't immediately decide to throw away their future. She smiled at him.

(After school)

The general stood outside the door to the class waiting for the shy(?) boy to leave. Not surprisingly he was the last to pack up.

"Hello? Little boy?" He called out to him. "Ah um yes sir?" The smaller male replied nervously. "Why didnt you take an army form when the teacher was passing them out." "Well.....I suppose it had to do with that my parents died from the war and I dont want anyone else to experience the pain I felt" he said knowledgeably. The general was not prepared for the mature and well thought out awnser. "Well I'm sure your parents died honorably protecting others." "Ah no my parents were actually executed for being framed as traitors." Kuro said bitterly.

Now the general was curious. "May I ask what family your from boy?" "The Hovrir family." He said simply. "Ah oh." The general quickly backed away as if Kuro was cursed. "I am.......sorry to hear that." "Nah its ok"

Kuro turned and walked away trying to hold back the anger that suddenly spiked out of nowhere.

But just before he turned he noticed the general suddenly shiver. Well, it probably wasnt anything important.

But the Zhao had felt the hatred and bloodlust just before Kuro could hide it. That is no ordinary boy.

<So that was the first part, hope who ever reads this likes it, the next part will not be kuros POV-ish and will not be written by me so you'll probably have to wait 3 more chapters for Kuro to pop up again. Hard parts of writing this was trying to not type boi instead of boy, easier parts were showing how kuro handled his rage as I also have to compress my feelings.>