The whole (short) story

"The demon Jackle come to the head office immediately" *ttch*

  Hell was a lot like school, ironic but very accurate. There was a head office, halls, heck even a cafeteria. No one actually needed to eat, but those demons responsible for gluttony sure as hell wanted one. Everyone and everything smelled horrific, as showers did not exist in hell, much to Jackle's poor nose. He was pretty sure it came from the mould and un-cleaned floors of the cafeteria, but he wasn't exactly too keen on finding out. He didn't like walking around here, and going through to the head office was just as terrible. It was like trying to climb up a down escalator at rush hour.
Head office was a little cleaner, well, as clean as you expect hell could be.
"Ah, The demon Jackle, finally."
"That's the name don't ware it out."
"Jackle. I've been receiving quite good news from higher office—"
"There's a higher office?"
"Jackle, if you could just be quiet unlike the nuisance you are, you could get an answer and we could get this over with," the head demon snarled.
Jackle's smile dropped from his face. "My apologies."
"As I was saying, I've been receiving quite positive news. We're reassigning you."
A rank 3 demon was a hard bargain, getting all the perks of a slightly better promotion. However, that's pretty well ranked in the tier of demons, so why was he getting reassigned?
"Come again," he said with a puzzled look molded onto his face.
"You're getting reassigned. We've seen your progress and we're giving you a raise. You should be very grateful."
"Oh," his hands shot up defensively, "oh yes I am, honoured even. But if I may ask, being assigned as what?"
"A guardian demon. Well, 'guardian' demon, we haven't come up with a better name." The other demon chuckled, in sort of a boss trying to be friendly with his workers kind of way. "This is still in progress, so we're sending you to test it."

  Guardian? Guardian?  He was sceptical of what this meant.
"We've assigned you a human to follow and pursue bad deeds. He's at an age where peer pressure is at its pinnacle, so get him to hell and come back to be assigned another. This shouldn't take too long."
"Wait hold on—"
Without a chance to finish, just like that, he was on Earth. Fortunately, he liked earth quite a bit more than hell, it was cleaner.

  He seemed to be in an apartment, and to his disappointment, this apartment was a mess. Loose clothes, trash hadn't been taken out, completely horrendous. But that's not important! He was here to pursue a boy into hell! That is all, that is simple! Right?
A familiar jingling came from the front door, followed with the sound of shoes clunking onto the floor. As the footsteps reached closer, he remembered,"oh right, I shouldn't be seen." How convenient demons can shape shift, ain't it? Out of all options, he chose a black cat for one, it was just enough of an 'evil' stereotype it just felt right and two, he seemed to already have a ginger one. You wouldn't expect someone to have a cat in such filth but he digressed. The ginger feline raced to see the person who came in, as cooing sounds followed soon after.
The boy walked over to drop off his travel backpack as he exhaustingly toppled onto the cushion covered couch, face first. He had on an old navy hoodie, ripped denim jeans that were cuffed at the bottom, and a fire orange-red beanie. After about five minutes, he decided to get up to make sense of the world he's living in. It took him a solid ten seconds to notice there were one to many cats on his coffee table.
"Oh! Hello there," he half-whispered to the black feline, followed by some clicking sounds he did with his tongue. Jackle let him touch him, he didn't appear to be all that threatening.
"Well I guess we still have space in here for one more." That was most definitely a lie.
"So I guess welcome to the family. Think I'll name you..babe! Babe the black cat!" This was going to be fun.

  Around 3 months since Jackle was assigned this scuffle of a man, and boy have they been, how do I say this, infuriating. He didn't know to much about this boy. He assumed it wasn't all around necessary to know anything about him, just pursue him to sin and all would be done. But he was a little more difficult than imagined, so it would need to get into personal faults, right then. His name, from what he eavesdropped was Brick, a 16 year old who worked as a barista at the Starbucks around the corner. 'Eavesdropped', it was more couldn't help but overhear because Jackle needed to follow him everywhere. It was basically part of the imaginary contract. Every now and then, he would whisper a few words of scumminess to convince him. He would whisper things like, "You should spit in her drink, she won't notice," or, "They're allergy can't be that bad, some pumps of almond won't do anything." Nothing worked. Brick went out to lunch with some co-worker friends later that afternoon, casually saying, "It won't hurt to litter just a little bit. It won't do anything," y'know, the single basic sin. Still didn't work. Despite the state of his room he wasn't all about the sin sloth. He even tried inputting as intrusive thoughts. He didn't budge. I mean he still did the occasional slip up, but it was never anything that could get him into the basement below. It was almost annoying how good he did at being a decent human being. Throughout generations among generations, humans have been notoriously good at being terrible. They always thought of things no angel nor devil could ever imagine of, they were pretty twisted. But this one, this one decided not to be. He wasn't a ray of sunshine but he always did his best to be positive. Desperation only grew inside his gut, what hell would do if they found out Jackle had failed. He was the first one do this sort of stuff, he was almost sure of it. He had to make an impact, be an example. All fingers pointed to showing him his physical body, and he was going to, but there was a feeling of restraint. Not now, not yet, So until then, he'd continue being his cat, babe.