~Prolouge~

"We were smartasses, and we did some amazing things"~Paul McCartney

"John was in constant need of proof of love and security and he was constantly testing people for that proof"~Cynthia Powell

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Who's that Gammie?", Leslie looked up at her grandmother

Christmas at "Gammie's" had always been an eventful one. There was always something to do...some quest to be completed.

Never waste valuable time. It'll be gone in a snap and you'll regret it when you don't spend it with the people who make you happy, she would say when the children turned to play video games.

However, it was  2010. She shouldn't expect very much physical interaction with anything from those kids.

Today's activity was photo albums--a task in which Leslie contributed her full enthusiasm while the others sat with a slouch, staring off into space.

Leslie curled up next to her Gammie on the bed. It was story time in the household.

Gammie straightened out her dress as she formulated her response.

"That...he was the love of my life",Gammie looked down at the wooden floors of her house.

"What does love of my life mean Gammie?

Gammie chuckled. To fill the innocent mind of a child with knowledge. That was the purpose of life to her.

"You know when someone is the love of your life when you can be yourself around him...you never feel held back. That's what I felt like with him"

"Who's he carrying?", asked Leslie.

"Me", Gammie said. Almost in disbelief. Almost as if she forgot the highlights of her life.

"You?! Why is your hair white? You don't look old!", Leslie laughed as Gammie tickled her.

"My hair was blonde. Every girl back then would change the colour of their hair. And I wasn't called Gammie back then. The kids called me Hailey."

"And what's his name?"

"John. John Lennon."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••