Prologue

Its a beautiful day, the sun is shining bright in the sky. The birds are chirping and the squirrels are scurrying. My moms family, Jack and I are all outside. My mom suggested that we go out and play, so while we play my mom sits in the shade of an old willow tree and reads. I think she wants us to have fun and forget that today is the one year anniversary of my dads death. 

    One year ago today my dad got in a deadly car accident. Our lawyer suggested that we sue the other party to pay for the funeral. But my mom was too kind hearted and said no. Her reasoning made perfect sense to us kids just not the lawyer. She didn't want to sue because the other party had their own medical bills and funeral expenses to pay for. the people in this town aren't rich, everyone needs all the money they can get. So in keeping up with the charade I play soccer with Jack and my brother and sister-

    "JUNE!" my brother, Ryan, shouts his battle cry startles me so I quickly look up to find the soccer ball at full speed towards me. As I started to run and herd the ball towards the other teams goal I started to feel funny, I kick the ball into the goal but miss. I have a hard time breathing so I sit down on the damp grass.

   This isn't the first time this has occurred. But it was never as bad as this. I can't get any air to my lungs, I felt like I was drowning. My vision was fading in and out, there was a black tint in the corner of my eyes. 

    The last thing I clearly remember seeing was my mom running over and Ryan calling 9-1-1.